ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Hartman signed

That would be hilarious if he beat out Jayden Daniels and Mariota for the starting job. That's obviously not likely, but maybe he can make the roster if he has a good camp.

Reactions: Kelso86
That would be hilarious if he beat out Jayden Daniels and Mariota for the starting job. That's obviously not likely, but maybe he can make the roster if he has a good camp.
With all the money the Commanders will commit to Daniels they will give him every chance before they even take a look at Sam. Sorry to say it, but an undrafted free agent QB rarely if ever makes the team.

If Sam wants to have any chance, I would say he needs to go the the CFL or UFL and establish himself there first.

Reactions: Kelso86
With all the money the Commanders will commit to Daniels they will give him every chance before they even take a look at Sam. Sorry to say it, but an undrafted free agent QB rarely if ever makes the team.

If Sam wants to have any chance, I would say he needs to go the the CFL or UFL and establish himself there first.
He can make the practice squad then get called up if any injuries occur

However, the situation isn't that unlike Brock Purdy (last pick in the draft) beating out Trey Lance (#3 pick in the draft) a couple years ago. So it's possible, if unlikely.

However, the situation isn't that unlike Brock Purdy (last pick in the draft) beating out Trey Lance (#3 pick in the draft) a couple years ago. So it's possible, if unlikely.
Except Daniels was much better than Lance and Daniels didn't shatter his leg in 3 places

He's a smart guy and has tools he can be a long term backup in the NFL and make a good career

Reactions: echowaker
Except Daniels was much better than Lance and Daniels didn't shatter his leg in 3 places
That's why I said it was unlikely. Also, I think Purdy's a little more talented than Hartman.

I wonder what the over-under is on Riley Leonard being an undrafted free agent in the 2025 draft?

Brock Purdy was the Mr. Irrelevant of the NFL Draft. Dead last player picked. I don't know if SH will stick or not, but Brock Purdy was not expected to make it either. Washington doesn't seem like the best place to go in any case. They're already for sure going to have one rookie QB on the roster....

Hartman could be a better fit in the NFL as a pocket passer.
Few NFL QB are dual threats, but Hartman can run if needed, but it's not his first move, and NFL speed makes that difficult regardless if you won the Heisman, or not.
Regardless a couple of yrs in thr NFL will help his resume for college OC positions for sure

$245,000.00 guaranteed to Sam Hartman from the Redskins for 2024.

You seem to forget that there are practice squads in the NFL, and those guys are paid decently.

Reactions: NDinNJ
He may never get a chance but that is a pretty good deal for the team. He won a lot of games in difficult situations.

Even if the $245k is accurate, he’s going to have to be careful, it’s extremely expensive up there!!!

Well considering I believe his NIL deal was more it seems to be a step down from his 1.2 million if you can believe that
And that's why he stayed, at his age, with his accomplishments, because he stood to make more money at ND than in the NFL. Not super common, that that would be the case. But if you're an elite college QB and you play the ultimate need position, but you don't project well into the NFL, stay in school and actually make even more money.

That's one thing about NIL and even paying players outright full-blown professional salaries, which presumably is going to eventually happen but obviously the schools never want it to happen... and that's that players might stay in college for their whole eligibility as a regular thing. And you'd have to be an elite guaranteed high 1st round pick for it to be a compelling situation o go early.

And that's why he stayed, at his age, with his accomplishments, because he stood to make more money at ND than in the NFL. Not super common, that that would be the case. But if you're an elite college QB and you play the ultimate need position, but you don't project well into the NFL, stay in school and actually make even more money.

That's one thing about NIL and even paying players outright full-blown professional salaries, which presumably is going to eventually happen but obviously the schools never want it to happen... and that's that players might stay in college for their whole eligibility as a regular thing. And you'd have to be an elite guaranteed high 1st round pick for it to be a compelling situation o go early.
There were many football analysts that felt he should of been drafted at some point.
Washington got a deal

I am glad Blake Fisher, three seasons and out, moved on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT