ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Hartman on Tommy Rees leaving Notre Dame for Alabama: 'Business decision'

Highest paid assistant coach in college football history at the best program in college football history. He should replace freeman if he goes 8-4 again.
And he was average here. And I dont think he is the highest paid ever. And no he shouldnt replace Freeman

Hes not the biggest paid assistant coach ever. Not even close

Bad info

And he was average here. And I dont think he is the highest paid ever. And no he shouldnt replace Freeman

Hes not the biggest paid assistant coach ever. Not even close

Bad info
Ah, but he is bud. Highest paid assistant in college football. And Saban made the right choice. Rees is the man. You will see when he comes home after this woke shit show is over.

Ah, but he is bud. Highest paid assistant in college football. And Saban made the right choice. Rees is the man. You will see when he comes home after this woke shit show is over.
You said highest ever but Ah but he isnt. Venables made 2.5 mil as an assistant. Elliot made 2.2. Elko made 2.1

Ah but he isn't. The DC at Bama is also getting the same as Reese

Reese is average. Anyone would be successful at Bama. That doesnt prove much.

I see your back at your racist comments

You said highest ever but Ah but he isnt. Venables made 2.5 mil as an assistant. Elliot made 2.2. Elko made 2.1

He’s not average. He’s the highest paid. Since when am I racist? Can’t you disagree without a low blow? Stay woke.

He’s not average. He’s the highest paid. Since when am I racist? Can’t you disagree without a low blow? Stay woke.
I'm totally against woke. I know you are Du Lac and the way you acted when MF got hired was pathetic and racist.

Tommy was average at ND. what he did at Alabama is irrelevant to what he was here. Freeman got the job based on his ability

Rees to bama is like Kelly to lsu. Kelly didn’t say oh I got a promotion. He said he left because he appreciated their support to win better than nd. I agree 100% there’s a different culture around football in the sec than ND. Doesn’t mean you got a promotion though

Rees to bama is like Kelly to lsu. Kelly didn’t say oh I got a promotion. He said he left because he appreciated their support to win better than nd. I agree 100% there’s a different culture around football in the sec than ND. Doesn’t mean you got a promotion though
He did

Rees knew nothing outside of ND. He had an opportunity to coach under one of the best coaches in history. Why would you not go the Alabama ? He won’t stay there either. At some point he may go to the NFL and if the stars line up , he will be a head coach someday. Who knows ? Maybe he will be the head coach at ND at some point. There’s an old saying. “ If you want to grow you need to go “. TR is doing that.

I guess he’s a head coach or has assistant head coach title at bama

I'm totally against woke. I know you are Du Lac and the way you acted when MF got hired was pathetic and racist.

Tommy was average at ND. what he did at Alabama is irrelevant to what he was here. Freeman got the job based on his ability
I am not Du Lac and I do not dislike freeman as the head coach at ND for any other reason than being unqualified.

Last edited:
You'd like to say we'll find out if TR really is much of a coach or not, but has there ever been a single OC in Bama's history under Saban that has flopped badly? Perhaps, but it never seemed to affect Bama's W/L or general success, so maybe this is not a good environment by which to judge an OC. The bar is high in a sense, but it's also low. I guess you could say you can only underperform, as a Bama OC, but also the advantages that any half-decent OC will have at his disposal are so big, that presumably it's almost hard to F up....

As far as TR walking into a top HC job after a couple successful years at Bama? Maybe... Obviously ND might hire him, but other than that, I'm not so sure. Kiffin and Sark were both previous HCs at USC, and Texas is probably wondering wtf they were even thinking hiring that former alky. And he'd still be totally young, as in way too young, and in a sense still unproven, having only succeeded as an OC on the coattails of two elite coaches, and his apparent precociousness very possibly something of a mirage.

So anyway, we'll see.....

You do love to double down on stupid
Keep on doing that, I speak to facts. Like how jack and freeman didn’t congratulate Rees publicly on this supposed promotion. Because he didn’t get one. He pissed ND off by leaving for a lateral move. Just like Elko leaving for A&M. Not like Lea leaving for Vanderbilt where he was congratulated over and over .

I get but don’t agree with why Rees left, but doesn’t make it a promotion.

When in doubt...pull the race card. You are a blowhard.

When in doubt...pull the race card. You are a blowhard.
I hate when people use racism, it's pathetic and ridiculous and usually never about race.

But if you read the threads got when Freeman got hired, he made his hire only about race. Definitely race involved with his opinions

Know the facts before you run your mouth pendick

I hate when people use racism, it's pathetic and ridiculous and usually never about race.

But if you read the threads got when Freeman got hired, he made his hire only about race. Definitely race involved with his opinions

Know the facts before you run your mouth pendick
You are a blowhard and get off my lawn. Every ND fan is rooting for Freeman but it is more than fair to question the hire based on the fact he has never been a head coach anywhere.

You are a blowhard and get off my lawn. Every ND fan is rooting for Freeman but it is more than fair to question the hire based on the fact he has never been a head coach anywhere.
Yep thats more than fine. Nothing wrong with that at all

Go back and read the things he said.

It was despicable and pathetic and all based on race

Your speaking about something you don't know about. Look it up

Yep thats more than fine. Nothing wrong with that at all

Go back and read the things he said.

It was despicable and pathetic and all based on race

Your speaking about something you don't know about. Look it up
Race Card.... Shameless

Keep on doing that, I speak to facts. Like how jack and freeman didn’t congratulate Rees publicly on this supposed promotion. Because he didn’t get one. He pissed ND off by leaving for a lateral move. Just like Elko leaving for A&M. Not like Lea leaving for Vanderbilt where he was congratulated over and over .

I get but don’t agree with why Rees left, but doesn’t make it a promotion.
"I speak to facts"

That just might be the funniest thing I have read on here in a long time!

Reactions: Pennick4
It's a promotion, largely due to the opportunity to learn from the best to ever do it. How many National Championships does Saban have? Great opportunity to see how the sausage is made. I mean just look at where the last 5 Alabama OC's are...

Reactions: Terry Jillery
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT