ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Hartman on Tommy Rees leaving Notre Dame for Alabama: 'Business decision'

He seems to care far less than Carr, who has relinquished his social media support for ND since “Tommy Turnover Never Developed 1 QB” left town. The better thing for CJ was Rees leaving. Not sure it’s better for Hartman. Probably not since all Rees does is call plays. Hartman doesn’t really need development. Gino > Rees for Carr. Rees > Parker for Hartman.

Last edited:
He seems to care far less than Carr, who has relinquished his social media support for ND since “Tommy Turnover Never Developed 1 QB” left town. The better thing for CJ was Rees leaving. Not sure it’s better for Hartman. Probably not since all Rees does is call plays. Hartman doesn’t really need development. Gino > Rees for Carr. Rees > Parker for Hartman.
Gosh. OK.

Tell that to Nick Saban.

Reactions: Pennick4
Gosh. OK.

Tell that to Nick Saban.
Well, he has a point -- it was a business -- albeit personal -- (and career) decision on Rees' part. Rees did what many people do in the private sector -- if an opportunity to advance your career comes along, and you feel it will help you in the long run, you analyze it and make a decision -- it was Rees' personal business decision to make and he felt the move at this time was right.

Well, he has a point -- it was a business -- albeit personal -- (and career) decision on Rees' part. Rees did what many people do in the private sector -- if an opportunity to advance your career comes along, and you feel it will help you in the long run, you analyze it and make a decision -- it was Rees' personal business decision to make and he felt the move at this time was right.
IF Rees wants to be a HC someday he needs more and varied experience. Going to the #1 College Football Program is definitely a step up and a great opportunity for him.
I have no problems with his decision.
Blunt fact is that if MF improves on last years record he will be around for a number of years at least. So what else was there for Rees here?

Reactions: Kelso86
IF Rees wants to be a HC someday he needs more and varied experience. Going to the #1 College Football Program is definitely a step up and a great opportunity for him.
Blunt fact is that if MF improves on last years record he will be around for a number of years at least. So what else was there for Rees here?
Improving on last years record shouldn't be expectation, we have too much talent with Hartman at QB distributing the ball. We should be in or fighting for the CFP, not going 9-3.

For Rees here it was if he wants to be head coach at ND one day then he shouldn't have bailed late on ND for lateral. My opinion. I would never take Rees back unless he was clear top coach.

Rees will have Bama on his resume. People will know who he is. His likelihood of success is high being where he is. He will likely be credited with getting a quarterback or two to the Heisman ceremony and/or NFL. If he does that, he will be able to recruit QBs similarly to Lincoln Riley.

He still loves ND. This is evidenced by his having had two conversations now with Gino in the past two weeks, helping him out and giving him tips. A lot of coaches wouldn’t do that, but he’s an alum and we aren’t a threat to Bama. If Freeman ever leaves or gets fired, Rees will be a top target for head coach. Give him a year or two at Bama and he’s unequivocally more qualified for a HC position than Freeman was. If I were a betting man, I’d bet a decent amount that Rees will someday be the head coach at Notre Dame, unless of course Bama comes calling first.

Rees will have Bama on his resume. People will know who he is. His likelihood of success is high being where he is. He will likely be credited with getting a quarterback or two to the Heisman ceremony and/or NFL. If he does that, he will be able to recruit QBs similarly to Lincoln Riley.

He still loves ND. This is evidenced by his having had two conversations now with Gino in the past two weeks, helping him out and giving him tips. A lot of coaches wouldn’t do that, but he’s an alum and we aren’t a threat to Bama. If Freeman ever leaves or gets fired, Rees will be a top target for head coach. Give him a year or two at Bama and he’s unequivocally more qualified for a HC position than Freeman was. If I were a betting man, I’d bet a decent amount that Rees will someday be the head coach at Notre Dame, unless of course Bama comes calling first.
Id rather Rees not speak to Gino. We needed an upgrade at QB coach

Id rather Rees not speak to Gino. We needed an upgrade at QB coach
It may be a bit concerning that Gino is reaching out to him so much. Hopefully he’s just asking questions about personnel and not about how to teach.

It may be a bit concerning that Gino is reaching out to him so much. Hopefully he’s just asking questions about personnel and not about how to teach.
"It may be a bit concerning that Gino is reaching out to him so much."

Not concerning at all -- appears Gino is doing his due diligence of personnel (if he is indeed contacting Rees or vice versa). I highly doubt he asking for coaching advice.

I’m glad Rees is gone, he wasn’t getting any better at ND in most departments. Last years offense disappeared vs bad teams, previously it only disappeared against great teams

Reactions: Ndapolis1
I’m glad Rees is gone, he wasn’t getting any better at ND in most departments. Last years offense disappeared vs bad teams, previously it only disappeared against great teams
Nick Saban disagrees with you.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
Nick Saban disagrees with you.
Everyone agrees Rees needed experience somewhere besides ND. Here’s a hint for you to be successful , if you are the smartest guy in the room, find a new room. That’s what he did, good for him. He was not getting any better at ND. Now we will see. Saban has a mixed history with assistants … we will see how Tommy does. It’s good he got out from under Kelly too, he’s young and he needs to keep learning.

Everyone agrees Rees needed experience somewhere besides ND. Here’s a hint for you to be successful , if you are the smartest guy in the room, find a new room. That’s what he did, good for him. He was not getting any better at ND. Now we will see. Saban has a mixed history with assistants … we will see how Tommy does. It’s good he got out from under Kelly too, he’s young and he needs to keep learning.
He wasn't the smartest guy in the room. He thought he was

Reactions: NDDadx3
Lmfao. This is so routine. You need to get out of your mom’s basement once in a while

#2 Dawgs r the best

Improving on last years record shouldn't be expectation, we have too much talent with Hartman at QB distributing the ball. We should be in or fighting for the CFP, not going 9-3.

For Rees here it was if he wants to be head coach at ND one day then he shouldn't have bailed late on ND for lateral. My opinion. I would never take Rees back unless he was clear top coach.
Its hard to imagine a more idiotic comment.

Only someone as stupid as you would call this a lateral move in reality.

Going from Notre Dame to Alabama is a significant step up in the college football world

Only chance ND gets HC Rees is before he becomes an established brand name coach. ND is allergic to bidding wars. Now that he's at Alabama, it's probably already too late.

Reactions: IrishBeer
Two years versus how many years Alabama has been on top
I knew you were stupid but clearly you are bordering on moron status
Alabama had been the number 1 program of the last 15 years.

Are they the number 1 program right now? Debatable. Probably not. If Georgia wins it all this year its no debate, Ga would have overtaken them

More bloviating from you.

Its hard to imagine a more idiotic comment.

Only someone as stupid as you would call this a lateral move in reality.

Going from Notre Dame to Alabama is a significant step up in the college football world
Why? Because they’ve dominated last 10 years? Do you know what lateral business move means? Do you understand what titles, compensation, responsibilities mean? Only main difference here is saban vs freeman. It’s the absolute definition of lateral move. I’ve made lateral moves to my benefit due to a better boss or location.

People take lateral moves to learn different or from someone better. This is that. Factually simple. A coach leaving a top program for same role at another top program

Why? Because they’ve dominated last 10 years? Do you know what lateral business move means? Do you understand what titles, compensation, responsibilities mean? Only main difference here is saban vs freeman. It’s the absolute definition of lateral move. I’ve made lateral moves to my benefit due to a better boss or location.

People take lateral moves to learn different or from someone better. This is that. Factually simple. A coach leaving a top program for same role at another top program
Its not a lateral move. Its a step up

Mark Wahlberg Priest GIF by Sony Pictures

You double down on stupid so often.

Moving from Notre Dame to Alabama- show me anyone but idiots like you that do not think this is a step up.

But then you are so dense an armor piercing 120MM rd from an Abrams would bounce off your head.

Reactions: Pennick4
More excuses for losing games and coaches from you
Rees is a really good young coach. Saban knows that or wouldn't have hired him. Him leaving for Alabama will have no negative impact on his career if he performs as expected.
You are a nitwit.

Rees is a really good young coach. Saban knows that or wouldn't have hired him. Him leaving for Alabama will have no negative impact on his career if he performs as expected.
You are a nitwit.
Did awesome at ND…. NOT

Alabama > Notre Dame

Notre Dame > Michigan State

Michigan State > Kansas

Kansas > Marshall

Etc. Etc.

Not all jobs are equal. Theres levels to this. Alabama has had maybe the best 15 year run in cfb history. To say we are on their level right now is absolutely ridiculous

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT