ADVERTISEMENT

Right now!

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
players are working in off season conditioning programs and voluntary workouts that will determined if the team goes 6-6, 8-4, or 12-0. No 80,000 fans, no national tv coverage.

players are working in off season conditioning programs and voluntary workouts that will determined if the team goes 6-6, 8-4, or 12-0. No 80,000 fans, no national tv coverage.

Where the work gets done ✅ !

Reactions: Kelso86
Book needs to be hitting the garbage can on the golf cart over and over and over.

He needs pressure in his face, stepping up making the throw.

The problem with a player like Book is you can't hit him at practice and Book knows this. He knows he won't be lit up until Saturday.

How many live reps does any QB take in spring------anywhere ?
That's not the point. I'm not faulting our staff for it because it's just what you do...

I'm just saying that Book realky needs to be in a hot pocket with real contact to get him to calm down.

He can stand like a statue in practices and he knows that. Game time he bails immediately because they'll hit him. He knows that too and it's a probkem

Book needs to be hitting the garbage can on the golf cart over and over and over.

The problem with a player like Book is you can't hit him at practice and Book knows this. He knows he won't be lit up until Saturday.
I agree. TR & BK have this challenge book this spring and summer with pocket presence. Put him in a red jersey and go 5 lineman against a 6 or 7 man rush. Live reps just don’t hit the qb.

That's not the point. I'm not faulting our staff for it because it's just what you do...

I'm just saying that Book realky needs to be in a hot pocket with real contact to get him to calm down.

He can stand like a statue in practices and he knows that. Game time he bails immediately because they'll hit him. He knows that too and it's a probkem

Are you guys nuts or just uninformed, Book completed 68.2 % of his passes.

68.2 %

Do you want 85 % ? 95 % %

Are you guys nuts or just uninformed, Book completed 68.2 % of his passes.

68.2 %

Do you want 85 % ? 95 % %
I want down field passing.

You know. . The passing that embarrassed us in the semi finals.

The passing game we didnt have all year. Dink and dunk down the field....no no no.

We need chunk yardage plays.

We can't beat everyone needing 15 plays to move the ball 65 yards to get a TD.

The other team is trying too. At the end they're really good.

What part of the anemic offense and scared QB did you not see in Dallas against Clemson?

Pocket presence and tendencies do not change. Like in boxing, a puncher can learn the techniques of boxing but the 1st hit and he reverts to instinct and who he is. You can ask a QB to stand in there and take the hit, but 1 hit and he most likely does not want and will move to avoid a second hit.
Answer? A moving pocket and plays that get the ball out quickly. Book is pretty accurate.

Pocket presence and tendencies do not change. Like in boxing, a puncher can learn the techniques of boxing but the 1st hit and he reverts to instinct and who he is. You can ask a QB to stand in there and take the hit, but 1 hit and he most likely does not want and will move to avoid a second hit.
Answer? A moving pocket and plays that get the ball out quickly. Book is pretty accurate.
I don't disagree at all. The ignorance of our coaching staff just pisses me off. They make a lot of money making some damn juvenile decisions.
Book had shown all year he will GTFO of dodge when the kitchen gets hot.
We go into a game against the most ferocious defense we seen all year and how many waggles, roll outs, screens did we see?
Just like the USC first half..it was amateur night by our coaches.

The passing game we didnt have all year. Dink and dunk down the field....no no no.

What part of the anemic offense and scared QB did you not see in Dallas against Clemson?
The quick short pages work for Brady and the Patriots. I agree we need more down field passing but the issue against Clemson was Book was not getting those quick passes out either

The same one I saw in the Final-----but Saban sucks too right ?

The same one I saw in the Final-----but Saban sucks too right ?
What are you talking about? Tua all year long threw the ball deep or crossing routes allowing his receiver to shred the defense.

We just don't have perimeter speed which has been discussed many o' time.

It's three yards, hook, sit down, catch ball, get tackled immediately.

That's the majority of our passing plays.

The occasional 17 yard back shoulder throw to Boykin mixed in.

The quick short pages work for Brady and the Patriots.
Brady and the Pats have the ability to work on their game and dink and dunk for as many hours of the day they'd like.

It's like BVG...trying to bring a complicated scheme to players who just can't devote the time needed to be proficient at it like professionals can.

It's simple math...

The lower the level of football the less plays you can run to score.

Pop Warner desperately needs a kid faster than others to have a play or two and score.
Junior high the plays can increase but you still can't run that many plays to score.
And so on and so on.

D1 is the highest level of football before the pro game but they are still not Professional.

NFL...they can work on this shit 40 hours a week if they'd like. It's their livelihood. It's their profession.

Until we get some speed on the perimeter it will be passing game as usual.

Until we get coaching to maximize our potential we will only be pretenders

Reactions: mmca
I don't disagree at all. The ignorance of our coaching staff just pisses me off. They make a lot of money making some damn juvenile decisions.
Book had shown all year he will GTFO of dodge when the kitchen gets hot.
We go into a game against the most ferocious defense we seen all year and how many waggles, roll outs, screens did we see?
Just like the USC first half..it was amateur night by our coaches.
well if anyone would know about ignorance.......

What are you talking about? Tua all year long threw the ball deep or crossing routes allowing his receiver to shred the defense.

We just don't have perimeter speed which has been discussed many o' time.

It's three yards, hook, sit down, catch ball, get tackled immediately.

That's the majority of our passing plays.

The occasional 17 yard back shoulder throw to Boykin mixed in.

"Tua all year long threw the ball deep or crossing routes allowing his receiver to shred the defense."

Yes -- you are correct -- and against MOST of the teams he went against, he was able to sit back there, have a sandwich and do his damage. Book, on many occasions, was not afforded that luxury.

That said -- can Book improve on his deep throws? Absolutely. Can Long call for more throws like that? Absolutely. But, when his QB is under constant pressure, hard to do that. Yes, the simple answer is roll the pocket, traps, draws in attempt to slow down the defense... but against Clemson, none of that was working.

well if anyone would know about ignorance.......
I can't help your ignorance to quality football and or rising to the challenge on the biggest of stages.
I know you're an advocate for tee ball trophies and you absolutely love excuses. If BK doesn't have any rest assured you've got a holster full of them.

See for the millionth time it's not just getting there....it's about the month long preparation for that moment.
Do you have any idea what we do with that month long preparation? If your answer is making excuses for the outcome I'd say that I agree with you. If your answer is anything but...well the results or embarrassing performances speak for themselves.

See the nation doesn't even give us a punchers chance anymore. It's been since a 1993 season hard fought game in the cotton bowl since we've tasted victory at that level of competition.

It's been since the 1995 season and that orange bowl against FSU with Tom Krug taking snaps that we were even competitive in a major stage of competition.

Someday maybe you'll understand that it's truly possible to be at that level again, just not with this currebnt leadership.

Have a great day

The real problem is, you are not our coach.....

Honestly, do you think you know more about football than BK or any of the head coaches? Yes or no.

"Tua all year long threw the ball deep or crossing routes allowing his receiver to shred the defense."

Yes -- you are correct -- and against MOST of the teams he went against, he was able to sit back there, have a sandwich and do his damage. Book, on many occasions, was not afforded that luxury.

That said -- can Book improve on his deep throws? Absolutely. Can Long call for more throws like that? Absolutely. But, when his QB is under constant pressure, hard to do that. Yes, the simple answer is roll the pocket, traps, draws in attempt to slow down the defense... but against Clemson, none of that was working.
This is the part that I find funny. Half the board says Book is timid and bails too soon...the other half says he just doesn't have time to even say oh shit.

So which is it?

I'll tell you what it is....in either case it's wrong. Meaning if either side of this Book pissing contest is right, ultimaley the result is still wrong.

Now why is that?

Someone is calling the plays. Someone is making the personnel decisions. Someone is spending a month game planning.

Let me ask you two questions...

#1 Did our offense look like the same offense the previous 12 games? If ever a team needed some different wrinkles, changes of pace, something out of the ordinary...ordinary being the previous 12 games...if there ever was a team that needed such a thing is was US. A plan B if plan A is falling on its face.

Our coach doesn't believe in that. He's arrogant or ignorant to it. Maybe both.

#2 ..in every single major bowl game contest that BK has been involved in our players blink twice and it's a lopsided affair. Every one. Why is that?

Both teams have the same amount of time to prepare. Actually we have an extra week without a conference title game...

Lastly we can play anyone during the regular season and we might not win the big games but with a week to prepare or two at most those games are close.

Give good coaches a month to prepare and we get embarrassed.

What does that say? It says nothing as the results say everything we need to know.

The real problem is, you are not our coach.....

Honestly, do you think you know more about football than BK or any of the head coaches? Yes or no.

I love these subjects. Funny. You've no idea who I am....

I think you are better than BK, Nemeth.

Just because someone got afforded a path to get into coaching at that level doesn't mean he's better than you, or even Echowaker or anyone else for that matter.

He's the HC of ND. His performance has nothing to do with me, you, or Joey bagofdonuts.

You either celebrate mediocre football and the excuses around it or you want results.

It's really that simple.

I love these subjects. Funny. You've no idea who I am....

I think you are better than BK, Nemeth.

Just because someone got afforded a path to get into coaching at that level doesn't mean he's better than you, or even Echowaker or anyone else for that matter.

He's the HC of ND. His performance has nothing to do with me, you, or Joey bagofdonuts.

You either celebrate mediocre football and the excuses around it or you want results.

It's really that simple.

So, you think that you know more about football than Brian Kelly? That is great.... feel free to share your resume to back that up... seems to me you only nitpick certain things and pound them over and over (Big win, big win on road, special teams, now it is QB development and having never won in Stanford and Ann Arbor....).

You are right, I do not know you... and you may be a better human than BK..... but to think you know more about football than him or any other coach is amazing.

Knowing what you know, and more importantly, what you do not know will help you out a lot.. . but I guess ignorance is bliss.

You are the one who thinks you know more about football than the 3x coach of the year ..... where do you/have you coached/played again?

"where do you/have you coached/played again?"

My guess is the University of Lazy Man Recliner -- the best place to learn how to coach and officiate games.

Reactions: nemeth#5
"where do you/have you coached/played again?"

My guess is the University of Lazy Man Recliner -- the best place to learn how to coach and officiate games.
When someone thinks they can do something better than someone else when they themselves have never done it........ and the person they are criticizing has been acknowledged for being one of the best........ that is the definition of ignorance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT