ADVERTISEMENT

Remember the 4-8 Glory Days for Kelly Haters?

IrishFforida

Irish Expert
Jan 7, 2018
How those merry band of malcontents and phony fans were in their glory when BVG defense melted down vs Tex and Mich State?

How excited they were when Kizer tried to pass the ball in the rain at NC State or threw all those INTs and the team got lambasted by Sam Darnold and SC to finish out 2016.

They got nervous last year when ND was on the verge of a run. But they were back in their glory when Winbush melted down vs Miami and Stanford

They were so ready to pounce after Vanderbilt and Ball State. But then Ian Book came along and ruined the dream!

Kudos to Jack Swarbrick, Brian Kelly and real ND fans. To the rest, take a hike the bandwagon is full.

How those merry band of malcontents and phony fans were in their glory when BVG defense melted down vs Tex and Mich State?

How excited they were when Kizer tried to pass the ball in the rain at NC State or threw all those INTs and the team got lambasted by Sam Darnold and SC to finish out 2016.

They got nervous last year when ND was on the verge of a run. But they were back in their glory when Winbush melted down vs Miami and Stanford

They were so ready to pounce after Vanderbilt and Ball State. But then Ian Book came along and ruined the dream!

Kudos to Jack Swarbrick, Brian Kelly and real ND fans. To the rest, take a hike the bandwagon is full.
What a blowhard.
You dont get to pick who are ND fans and who are not laundry boy

I know I pissed and moaned that year because I love ND and ND football. OP is a trashy troll. That year was something that got changes to be made and Kelly to look himself in the mirror and change too. So being one of those cry babies in 2016 I’m ecstatic about how ND has dominated the last two years.

Reactions: 88ND
What a blowhard.
You dont get to pick who are ND fans and who are not laundry boy

No, but i get to call out faux fans and frauds like you Special Ed. Its time for you to join Purse & Cgvr in retirement.

Dont go away mad just go away. Noboby wants to hear you swooning over Paul Johnson, David Shaw, Jim Harbaugh or Gary Patterson. ND is 6-0...bye bye

OP,

BTW, I was one of the people online screaming for the switch to Book to be made. I knew he had the skill to play like this. You really don’t have a clue as to what is going on. Get back to the towel room at Dwyer.

No, but i get to call out faux fans and frauds like you Special Ed. Its time for you to join Purse & Cgvr in retirement.

Dont go away mad just go away. Noboby wants to hear you swooning over Paul Johnson, David Shaw, Jim Harbaugh or Gary Patterson. ND is 6-0...bye bye
dip is a way bigger ND fan than you’ll ever be water boy.

I admit I wanted Kelly gone after that season. No excuse whatsover to go 4-8. Fast forward to now, perhaps it was a blessing in disguise. Kelly really took the time to reach out for feedback and reevaluate himself and the program. And boy did he adjust well. Giving up the play calling duties hiring Long and Elko, which led to Lea as the coordinators have been my favorite hires. His deamnor has changed too. He's much more calmer on the sideline and we're not seeing purple face anymore. He's taken on a CEO role and let's his guys coach.

A
dip is a way bigger ND fan than you’ll ever be water boy.

Actually it is laundry boy. You see HS football coaches in Florida help the trainers wash the uniforms. This aint Texas.

Pat Summit in her biography said she washed the team uniforms and drove the team bus. Is she Laundry Girl too?

So the fact you find that amusing tells me you two lowlifes have never seen the inside of a football locker room as a player or a coach
But honestly after reading your brain dead posts thats easy enough to see. Adios Neal and Bob. You two hemroids are officially on #instablock.

Enjoy the undefeated season ladies!! Lol!!!

Last edited:

Let's not forget to add the biggest moron on this site, who also knows more than Kelly and has a particular boner for the men's bball coach!

A

Actually it is laundry boy. You see HS football coaches in Florida help the trainers wash the uniforms. This aint Texas.

Pat Summit in her biography said she washed the team uniforms and drove the team bus. Is she Laundry Girl too?

So the fact you find that amusing tells me you two lowlifes have never seen the inside of a football locker room as a player or a coach
But honestly after reading your brain dead posts thats easy enough to see. Adios Neal and Bob. You two hemroids are officially on #instablock.

If ND does go undefeated I will enjoy, and if by me enjoying upsets you that would make it even sweeter

I admit I wanted Kelly gone after that season. No excuse whatsover to go 4-8. Fast forward to now, perhaps it was a blessing in disguise. Kelly really took the time to reach out for feedback and reevaluate himself and the program. And boy did he adjust well. Giving up the play calling duties hiring Long and Elko, which led to Lea as the coordinators have been my favorite hires. His deamnor has changed too. He's much more calmer on the sideline and we're not seeing purple face anymore. He's taken on a CEO role and let's his guys coach.

After that season? Hell, I wanted him gone after the NCST game, which was the worst display of coaching I've ever seen.

But I also know he's not a bad coach all the time -- just irritatingly inconsistent. Fortunately, he tends to do best with first-year starting QBs.

Purses handle may be retired, but purse the poster still posts frequently every day and night under new aliases. A practice he would often criticize others of. (Typical hypocrisy from poster)
Not sure about cgvr. Think he officially retired.

I've wondered for several years what the heck happened in 2016? If you look we had a great team in 2015 that was ravaged by injuries to the point we didnt have the troops to take on OSU and last year we were really good again, so what happened in between? I get Vangorder and the travesty his defense was early in the year, but he was fired after a few games and we still managed to lose a bunch after him. I guess we should've known when the guys got arrested the 1st night they had some freedom. For the record, I wasnt on here bashing Kelly, but I was no longer a defender, and had they let him go I wouldnt have disagreed with the decision. I thought maybe he had wore out his welcome in SB.

A

Neal and Bob?......sounds like you know them well.....maybe to well

You're no Pat Summit, you don't even measure up to walk in David Shaw's shadow

You don’t have a clue. Pompous ass.

The 4-8 year was not just one random bad year. Many things led up to that, and they were all fireable offenses. Hiring the worst DCORD in CFB and having a totally negligent S&C program are chief among those. Even BK would tell you he deserved every ounce of criticism for that. It’s not like we lost to good teams either, you had to almost try to be that bad, and it was a result of complacency top down. The November collapse added more fuel to the fire.

Having said that, he is coaching like the coach of the year this year. When BK was a poor coach, he deserved criticism. When BK changes who he is as a man and a coach, has the balls to make the qb change, hires an outstanding staff, and has an elite S&C program he deserves credit.

Believe me, I was a huge BK detractor after 16 & November 17. But if he keeps this up I hope he sticks around for 5 more years. The man has this program rolling right now.

Fans come with different expectations and tolerance levels. This whole board would do much better to realize it. If you don’t agree with what’s being discussed, debate it with facts or steer clear. When your retort is nothing more than calling people stupid or idiots or (6-0), you’ve now become the instigator and made this board worse.

Don't hate Kelly but,the season is far from over. With Swarbrick's hands all over the schedule this team could be worn out by the . Good job Swarbie give up a home game and make it a home game for the cuse. Yankee stadium will be dominated by orange if cuse has a decent record

The 4-8 year was not just one random bad year. Many things led up to that, and they were all fireable offenses. Hiring the worst DCORD in CFB and having a totally negligent S&C program are chief among those. Even BK would tell you he deserved every ounce of criticism for that. It’s not like we lost to good teams either, you had to almost try to be that bad, and it was a result of complacency top down. The November collapse added more fuel to the fire.

Having said that, he is coaching like the coach of the year this year. When BK was a poor coach, he deserved criticism. When BK changes who he is as a man and a coach, has the balls to make the qb change, hires an outstanding staff, and has an elite S&C program he deserves credit.

Believe me, I was a huge BK detractor after 16 & November 17. But if he keeps this up I hope he sticks around for 5 more years. The man has this program rolling right now.
it wasn't ? how many other losing seasons has kelly had in his long career ? it was truly an anomaly.

Don't hate Kelly but,the season is far from over. With Swarbrick's hands all over the schedule this team could be worn out by the . Good job Swarbie give up a home game and make it a home game for the cuse. Yankee stadium will be dominated by orange if cuse has a decent record
you seriously under estimate the alumni presence both real and subway in the nyc metropolitan area.

Fans come with different expectations and tolerance levels. This whole board would do much better to realize it. If you don’t agree with what’s being discussed, debate it with facts or steer clear. When your retort is nothing more than calling people stupid or idiots or (6-0), you’ve now become the instigator and made this board worse.
congratulations on your promotion to "board ethics watchdog ".

Reactions: IrishFforida
Got it. Real ND fans should expect and be happy with 4-8. I realize ND has lowered the expectations of it's fan base, I never realized it's so low that 4 wins is acceptable.

Reactions: chitown sot
it wasn't ? how many other losing seasons has kelly had in his long career ? it was truly an anomaly.
Actually, NDIrish53's post is a pretty good summary of what led to the 2016 season. Saying it was "an anomaly", while true, seems to be an attempt to try to remove any analysis from what happened. BK analyzed what happened and he didn't settle on writing it off as an anomaly. He admitted he was the problem. He made wholesale changes to his coaching staff and coaching philosophy as a result. It shouldn't be too controversial for fans to point this out.

Actually, NDIrish53's post is a pretty good summary of what led to the 2016 season. Saying it was "an anomaly", while true, seems to be an attempt to try to remove any analysis from what happened. BK analyzed what happened and he didn't settle on writing it off as an anomaly. He admitted he was the problem. He made wholesale changes to his coaching staff and coaching philosophy as a result. It shouldn't be too controversial for fans to point this out.
no not at all. i agree that many things led to that horrific season. my point was the guy has a long history as a highly successful head coach at multiple levels and 2016 was something that season had never occurred in his career. i guess i was being more literal than analytical. 53 was correct in his depiction of things.

Reactions: Bumpdaddy

Totally agree. I don't understand people, they develop this attitude that something is one way or the other and it will be for perpetuity.

Kelly has had some years where his team have under performed and he was rightfully criticized. Other years, like 2012 and this year he's done exceedingly well and deserves credit for a job well done.

Each year deserves to be critiqued individually and his entire performance judged taking every year into account.

I've wondered for several years what the heck happened in 2016? If you look we had a great team in 2015 that was ravaged by injuries to the point we didnt have the troops to take on OSU and last year we were really good again, so what happened in between? I get Vangorder and the travesty his defense was early in the year, but he was fired after a few games and we still managed to lose a bunch after him. I guess we should've known when the guys got arrested the 1st night they had some freedom. For the record, I wasnt on here bashing Kelly, but I was no longer a defender, and had they let him go I wouldnt have disagreed with the decision. I thought maybe he had wore out his welcome in SB.
Kelly changed EVERYTHING. Gave up play calling to spend more time with his players. Rehauled S&C. Hired new Offensive and Defensive coordinators -- guys who hadn't come from his coaching tree. Hired a psychologist. Basically remade himself as a coach. We saw the effects last year and we are seeing it this year. I was most frustrated after the Stanford game last year. We were a better team. But our QB play was not what it needed to be and we lost one we should have won. But we regrouped, beat LSU (thanks Ian!) beat a good M team to start this season (thanks Brandon!) and we're on a good run. I just hope Swarbruck's f-ed up schedule (San Diego, LA, then Yankee Stadium, give me a break!) doesn't doom what could be a very special year. Congrats to Kelly for being the best ND coach since Holtz and Ara.

See EW has no analysis. He only offers up sarcasm and malice attacks. Real engaging conversations about a subject he's got nothing.
He will defend BK to the grave forever no matter any bad coaching decisions. He'll act like they never happen and go silent on a subject.

Then someone says Wimbush can't play QB he's all over that callimg them dumb and coach knows best.

When BW gets benched it's all quiet on that subject and on to some other post jumping in offering nothing of substance to the conversation but sarcasm.

But hey..every message board has their weasels.

you seriously under estimate the alumni presence both real and subway in the nyc metropolitan area.
I realize the ND. Presence in NY. But Syracuse in the state school of NY and there is a crapload of cuse alumni. Plus take into accout ND fans record of selling tix. If cuse does not lose anymore games it might happen but,if they lose more it won't.

Hold your breath November's coming

See EW has no analysis. He only offers up sarcasm and malice attacks. Real engaging conversations about a subject he's got nothing.
He will defend BK to the grave forever no matter any bad coaching decisions. He'll act like they never happen and go silent on a subject.

Then someone says Wimbush can't play QB he's all over that callimg them dumb and coach knows best.

When BW gets benched it's all quiet on that subject and on to some other post jumping in offering nothing of substance to the conversation but sarcasm.

But hey..every message board has their weasels.
you are so silly. i stated many, many times that 2016 was a debacle and that's on the head coach. calling it an anomaly is true. the data supports that.. what analysis would you like ? i don't get long winded in my posts like you do trying to cover up for your lack of knowledge regarding football. feel free to utilize the ignore button. again, your football background is ?

Reactions: jcswoopnh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT