ADVERTISEMENT

Regular folks: it’s about to get ugly up in Under the Dome

Qb play was better under Kelly.
Yes, and I've never been sold on Buchner. To me, his game just doesn't flow. I have no confidence in what to expect, play to play.

Plus, the kid played ONE FULL YEAR in HS in a reputedly weak league. There was a reason Kelly stayed with Coan. For the most part, Coan got it done, and he had plenty of experience.

I still see Bucher's main strength as a SITUATIONAL PLAYER.

Yes, and I've never been sold on Buchner. To me, his game just doesn't flow. I have no confidence in what to expect, play to play.

Plus, the kid played ONE FULL YEAR in HS in a reputedly weak league. There was a reason Kelly stayed with Coan. For the most part, Coan got it done, and he had plenty of experience.

The team MVP may well be the new punter thus far. The kid is phenomenal.

Buchner isn’t it. If Angeli doesn’t turn out to be an underrated gem we are in long term trouble with the position.

The rumor that Angeli was TR #1 and we missed on Allan because of Rees evaluation is even more concerning, especially after Allar looked fantastic yesterday

The team MVP may well be the new punter thus far. The kid is phenomenal.

Buchner isn’t it. If Angeli doesn’t turn out to be an underrated gem we are in long term trouble with the position.

The rumor that Angeli was TR #1 and we missed on Allan because of Rees evaluation is even more concerning, especially after Allar looked fantastic yesterday
Buchner has always been "IT," but you're right. He's not.

You would think ND learned it’s lesson. ND is not a place for on the field training. The successful coaches were all head coaches prior to SB. Now I understand the marquee coaches are not running to SB. So we are trying to catch that next urban Meyer assistant coach who becomes great. I’m rooting for MF but I think he’s shown the door year 4.
Year 4!?!? If that’s true, then we’re in for 4 mediocre seasons, with the program in the doldrums. I really really hope you’re wrong.

Year 4!?!? If that’s true, then we’re in for 4 mediocre seasons, with the program in the doldrums. I really really hope you’re wrong.
At the pace the world now moves -- and assuming that pace continues -- I don't see Freeman lasting more than two years if he doesn't produce.

At the pace the world now moves -- and assuming that pace continues -- I don't see Freeman lasting more than two years if he doesn't produce.
He is going to at least get a year 2 with his choice of OC since JS arranged the Rees Marriage

He is going to at least get a year 2 with his choice of OC since JS arranged the Rees Marriage
I think a year 2 is almost assured. I think with a lot of failed ND coaches it's been year to year after an iffy year 1, contract or no contract. Trouble has been a few of them did just well enough to then get another year, then fail a bit, then do just well enough again, etc.

Happened with both Faust and Davie.

But in these times, I don't think that kind of TANGOING plays.

That’s not true.

A strong running game allows you to protect or enhance your lead.
it eats up the clock.

it keeps the other team from getting the ball.

it bails you out in bad weather (Michigan)

Stick to your day job !
Of course it HELPS. But my point is you're not going to win a championship, and probably not many games if your philosophy is to win by running the ball and a strong defense. Look at the teams that are winning national championships. All great passing teams more than great running teams. Same in the pros BTW. Rams won because of the pass, not the run. Maybe YOU should stick to your day job, goober.

That’s not true.

A strong running game allows you to protect or enhance your lead.
it eats up the clock.

it keeps the other team from getting the ball.

it bails you out in bad weather (Michigan)

Stick to your day job !
I will
This has always baffled me about ND since Holtz. ND typically had that. Still puts lots of OLmen in the NFL.

Smash mouth will never go out of style. The best teams can depend on it. No doubt creativity and a balanced passing game is needed. But it's telling that ND cannot push a team like Marshall.
But we are not trying to run a 20th century smash mouth offense. My football minded friend told me that ND was running RPOs all day where the Oline could not know if it was a running play or not.

Hold on! TBis very young, very inexperiencedand very lacking in coaching mentoring. He needs anexperienced mentorand a competent OC and a bitof development! He may then become the TB that he was anointed to be!

This is a young kid who has played very little football for almost 3 years!

I agree that the marriage was pre-arranged, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t shuffle the chairs on the Titanic

Of course it HELPS. But my point is you're not going to win a championship, and probably not many games if your philosophy is to win by running the ball and a strong defense. Look at the teams that are winning national championships. All great passing teams more than great running teams. Same in the pros BTW. Rams won because of the pass, not the run. Maybe YOU should stick to your day job, goober.
Yeah, those teams that were running up 55 and 60 points passing the ball in the Southwest never got close to winning a NC, you need strength on both sides of the ball. And you need a strong running game !

Alabama, the “Gold Standard” for winning NC’s ran the ball down everyone’s throat.

You have a lot to learn about football and unfortunately the time I can devote to your education is very limited.

Hold on! TBis very young, very inexperiencedand very lacking in coaching mentoring. He needs anexperienced mentorand a competent OC and a bitof development! He may then become the TB that he was anointed to be!

This is a young kid who has played very little football for almost 3 years!
ERGO:

It's a) tragically farcical that he should wind up as ND's starting QB and b) astonishing that so many were so DELUSIONAL as to think otherwise.

I mean, this isn't RUDY, right?

Al Sharpton would have Jenkins head. They are not firing MF. No way. Remember go for 1 Ty? ND was called bigots because they fired a guy who wasn’t doing well. Hopefully he turns it around & we keep our recruiting haul.

Reactions: IrishBeer
Al Sharpton would have Jenkins head. They are not firing MF. No way. Remember go for 1 Ty? ND was called bigots because they fired a guy who wasn’t doing well. Hopefully he turns it around & we keep our recruiting haul.
That’s certainly a factor.

But at what point does lack of merit outweigh DEI ?

4-6
3-7
2-8

i don’t envy the decision makers, but they got themselves into this situation and they will have to get themselves out of it.

Reactions: 4-4-3

If this was the case, why did the staff even recruit Buchner?

TR is also a victim in this. Clearly he was not ready for the role of QB coach nor OC. Incredibly BK may have mercifully tried to cover this up when he wanted to take TR with him to LSU. He may have known TR was OC in title only. He tried to cover for his deceptions and shield TR. But Jack…. Now what? The new H.C. is failing because he has no experience in creating a staff; and is using retreads and those imposed upon him. Plus, he himself is maybe another not ready or that he has reached his level of incompetence!

Except Faust won his home opener. :)
I'll go you one better. Even Faust didn't start 0-3. Nor any of ND's coaches.

The REALITY CHECK arrived early.

Let's see what he does from here.

I'll go you one better. Even Faust didn't start 0-3. Nor any of ND's coaches.

The REALITY CHECK arrived early.

Let's see what he does from here.
To be fair, I believe Freeman is the first head at coach to be named at ND and coach a bowl game as his first game. I believe the rest started fresh.

Reactions: tbonesays
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT