ADVERTISEMENT

Refs bail us out and....

As soon as Jackson stepped up and grabbed I knew he was gone. Add the Kizer pick six and the route is now on. Kelly needs to go. Like now!!!

If it had been an incomplete pass then there was no loss yardage right? Ball should have been put back to the original line of scrimmage NOT where DK was tackled.

Refs just bailed us out again on that backward pass. Should have been a USC TD.

That was the wrong call. It was not indisputable evidence it was traveling backward. I have a feeling they will use that one in the off season for training. It was close, but they should have kept the call on the field.

That was the wrong call. It was not indisputable evidence it was traveling backward. I have a feeling they will use that one in the off season for training. It was close, but they should have kept the call on the field.

How about the targeting call? I guess we are the only team you can target and get away with it.

How about the targeting call? I guess we are the only team you can target and get away with it.
You must be as freakin' blind as the zebras to think that was targeting! The hit on Kizer last week was TARGETING!!!

You must be as freakin' blind as the zebras to think that was targeting! The hit on Kizer last week was TARGETING!!!

I didn't think it was targeting. I thought it was a great tackle. I didn't word that too well and was in fact referring to last week's call as one that someone got away with.

It was a good hit!
Are you guys serious? You can see the gold flakes come off the helmet when he hitd Ced. It has to be egregious by rule to be called from the booth. It wasn't intentional but one of the clearest targetings I have ever seen.

Are you guys serious? You can see the gold flakes come off the helmet when he hitd Ced. It has to be egregious by rule to be called from the booth. It wasn't intentional but one of the clearest targetings I have ever seen.
I agree, definitely targeting. Refs didn't get this one wrong.

So if it wasn't intentional how could it be targeting?

This program is so bad we don't even rate the usual "and Notre Dame sucked again today" article on ESPN.

There is absolutely no requirement that targeting be intentional. In fact most are not. Check the rule.

My real point is that targeting could be called a dozen times in most games. I've seen Notre Dame players hit dozens of times like Fertita hit that guy and never seen it called once. If the USC player had not been knocked out they would not have called it, and throwing a player out of a game because a hit happened to knock an opponent out is a pretty stupid rule.

My real point is that targeting could be called a dozen times in most games. I've seen Notre Dame players hit dozens of times like Fertita hit that guy and never seen it called once. If the USC player had not been knocked out they would not have called it, and throwing a player out of a game because a hit happened to knock an opponent out is a pretty stupid rule.

That is probably true but it is stilk targeting and you really can't complain about a good call because other calls are missed. This one was textbook

Yes. Targeting by definition happens on every play. I do not think that should have been targeting, big swing in the game. As a whole, targeting is ruining the game in my opinion.

More egregious than the hit on Torii Hunter against Texas? According to you that hit, which was both hitting a defenseless player and helmet to helmet, wasn't egregious. Your guy wasn't defenseless. Care to clear up your contradictory assessments?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT