ADVERTISEMENT

Red zone, Defense, Running, Oh My

NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
I know it's Temple, but last years team would've lost this game or barely squeaked it out.

Soooo much improved. I predict a loss to GA, and I'm okay with it. Just play tough.i hope I'm wrong. I have lots of faith they can win.

These coaches have done a lot in a short period.

Awesome job!

I know it's Temple, but last years team would've lost this game or barely squeaked it out.

Soooo much improved. I predict a loss to GA, and I'm okay with it. Just play tough.i hope I'm wrong. I have lots of faith they can win.

These coaches have done a lot in a short period.

Awesome job!

I am hopeful that our coaching staff will strengthen our weaknesses and we will come out with a big win
Against Ga. That win will give us the confidence we need to propel us to a really great season.
If we lose to Ga, I am afraid that our season will be decent but more in line with Kelly's normal
8 - 4 type season.
So for me Ga is a hugh game and a must win !

Rgc7...I agree. When your goal is to get into the playoffs, or at least be in the conversation late into the season, then this game is absolutely a must win. In a sense, every game is a must win for ND, but we have to beat Georgia at home to be taken seriously and to begin the conversation.

Rgc7...I agree. When your goal is to get into the playoffs, or at least be in the conversation late into the season, then this game is absolutely a must win. In a sense, every game is a must win for ND, but we have to beat Georgia at home to be taken seriously and to begin the conversation.

I agree you and rgc, this Georgia game is a must win for this season. But I am not worried. I think this Irish team is just better than Georgia and we have momentum and it is at home. I think we win by two scores like 34 to 24.
The Irish offense is at a very high level talent wise, The Irish defense is not great yet but In Elko I trust.

With Georgia v ND its not just about talent. Its about coaching and which team wants it more. I think we need Digger Phelps to inspire our defense with a pep talk. Both teams have enough talent to win. This is an early season test for both teams. We have to stop or slow down the Georgia running game or it will get ugly. I really think our new guys on D need more experience. Having Elijah Taylor healthy would have helped.

Bodi,
I think you are correct on this ! If we play error free football, we win by two td's.
Our offense is explosive,and if we can get better on Defense, we will beat Ga. and neon our way to a
Very good season !
Go Irish !

I dunno, just can't evaluate this team after 1 game. If we are being honest our offense looked ok, we can run the ball on Temple, cool. Can we rush for 300+ on the bulldogs we can wait and see. My hope is to come out of the first 4 at 3 and 1. If the dawgs load the box is Wimbush ready to lead our offense passing? He's untested. Imo this is a building year. I just want to see improvement overall during the season. Go Irish!

Would this be Kelly's biggest win?

At Oklahoma '12 was big at the time but lost some luster as the Sooners faded down the stretch.

This is a rebuilding year for ND. Since 12-0 isn't realistic, this is not a must-win.

This is a rebuilding year for ND. Since 12-0 isn't realistic, this is not a must-win.
I don't agree. You have turnover every year in college, some more than others. With one exception, We're returning our entire offensive line, our TE, our best receiver, and RB. Wimbush has been in the system two years, and we have Mack back to join a young talented corp of receivers, along with two experienced grad transfers. Our DL returns a ton of experience with Tillery, D Hayes and J Hayes and Trumbetti, and Bonner who has three years in the program. Linebackers are experienced, with Morgan and Martini having lots of game experience, and Coney with moderate experience, and Tranquill with lots as well. Our young secondary got thrown into the mix last year and gained a lot of experience, etc... This is a retooling year with all the new coaches and new schemes to learn, etc... but hardly a rebuilding year. Yes, we have to improve a great deal to go undefeated, and we need to improve over the Temple game to beat Georgia. But Who's to say 12-0 is unrealistic? Improbable, yes...as is the case with every team other than Ohio St and Alabama, and no guarantees for them as well.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT