ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Rumor Mill: Nick Singleton

I think what he means is that a prime target for a RB is choosing between 2 schools and once again its a close race. Interestingly, PSU has brought in quite a few 4 star RB recruits and a highly touted transfer over the last few years. If Singleton wants to shine early in his career, ND is the place also considering our OL reputation. He is also visiting A&M and Bama. I wouldn't rule those guys out just yet. It could end up being a 4 team race to the finish.

I think what he means is that a prime target for a RB is choosing between 2 schools and once again its a close race. Interestingly, PSU has brought in quite a few 4 star RB recruits and a highly touted transfer over the last few years. If Singleton wants to shine early in his career, ND is the place also considering our OL reputation. He is also visiting A&M and Bama. I wouldn't rule those guys out just yet. It could end up being a 4 team race to the finish.
That's usually how it goes with top recruits.

Reactions: Kelso86

it would be nice some year to have a stud running back who commits on the offer. It seems a bit strange that ND seems to struggle landing rb’s with the line they get to run behind. Than again they did beat out LSU for an in state rb, and the kid from jersey has wrecking ball written all over him.

it would be nice some year to have a stud running back who commits on the offer. It seems a bit strange that ND seems to struggle landing rb’s with the line they get to run behind. Than again they did beat out LSU for an in state rb, and the kid from jersey has wrecking ball written all over him.
And they got Tyree. And Price is good as well.

If we land Singleton, our rb room is well stocked

Reactions: dcwflyca
A tidbit, played in a golf fundraiser yesterday in the Cleveland area. Some connected folks say Brenan Vernon is really high on ND. Would be a nice get. Likes Bama and OSU too.
i've read this week that our irish have a good shot of landing him. OSU boards would be in a meltdown mode if we stole a kid projected to be a 5 star from OH

Reactions: OCNDfan81
A tidbit, played in a golf fundraiser yesterday in the Cleveland area. Some connected folks say Brenan Vernon is really high on ND. Would be a nice get. Likes Bama and OSU too.
It would be nice but chanced are slim and none and slim left town. Not for the lack of the coaching staff unfortunately.

wonder where our irish will stand with CJ Williams and Zach Rice after OVs this weekend

The crystal ball for NS is now 70/30 in favor of PSU. Something must have changed.

just read where he is deciding within the next week and most think PSU. was an irish lean after visit but PSU fans and coaches got into his ear from the way it sounds and now they are projected favorite now

just read where he is deciding within the next week and most think PSU. was an irish lean after visit but PSU fans and coaches got into his ear from the way it sounds and now they are projected favorite now
Unfortunate.

If Singleton chooses PSU, maybe one of their other top running backs will hit the transfer portal. I am really surprised that some of these backs arent gravitating toward Lance Taylor. He has done such a fine job. Well, its still early in the game. Someone else at RB will eventually emerge this fall.

Reactions: IrishMike409
If Singleton chooses PSU, maybe one of their other top running backs will hit the transfer portal. I am really surprised that some of these backs arent gravitating toward Lance Taylor. He has done such a fine job. Well, its still early in the game. Someone else at RB will eventually emerge this fall.
Don’t care Bout this one. He had an over the top visit to ND. Apparently he can be swayed. He’s young. If he hoes to ped state he rots No shot at excellence.

So he can go with his gut or let others sway him. That seems to be the case and I think he will have remorse

Actually would be ok if we don’t land him. I feel like Jadarian Price is the better prospect long term. Sure he isn’t as fast but I think he has a better overall game.

Actually would be ok if we don’t land him. I feel like Jadarian Price is the better prospect long term. Sure he isn’t as fast but I think he has a better overall game.
I don’t see that at all. Not impressed with price. He seems a little too slow and one cut . Price isn’t that good of an overall athlete. doesn’t have Kyren overall abilities.

• Wow
Reactions: Raymond G
I don’t see that at all. Not impressed with price. He seems a little too slow and one cut . Price isn’t that good of an overall athlete. doesn’t have Kyren overall abilities.
Agree to disagree.

Singleton strikes me as at least a borderline 5 star talent. It would be really nice to have a guy like him for a great RB rotation. We will have Tyree, Diggs, Estime and Price in the RB room next year so we already have quality depth. Singleton's film though looked really special.

Agree to disagree.
Yeah I hope that he's much better than I think. The one thing I don't think is debatable is he isn't that great of an athlete. You see that in his underwhelming basketball film. Doesn't even stand out from movement. Now, with that said, elite athleticism regarding top speed and elite strength, jumping isn't necessary to be a great RB. Look at Kyren, but Kyren has balance, and abilities that I don't see in price either.

Curious, what do you see in him, or who do you compare him to? I see maybe munir prince, or slower amir carlisle.

Singleton has some elite abilities.

Don’t care Bout this one. He had an over the top visit to ND. Apparently he can be swayed. He’s young. If he hoes to ped state he rots No shot at excellence.

So he can go with his gut or let others sway him. That seems to be the case and I think he will have remorse
Penn St's last 3 featured backs were a #5 pick, R2 Pick, Projected R2 Pick who had to retire because of a heart condition. I think any RB going to Penn St. right now has a shot at excellence.

Penn St's last 3 featured backs were a #5 pick, R2 Pick, Projected R2 Pick who had to retire because of a heart condition. I think any RB going to Penn St. right now has a shot at excellence.
Ped state sux. If all u care about is individual achievement then maybe. But if you want excellence in a team sport that Means natty. No chance

Ped state sux. If all u care about is individual achievement then maybe. But if you want excellence in a team sport that Means natty. No chance
Penn St can make the same claim about ND. Either way the talent the kid has I have a hard time thinking he “rots” at either school.

Penn St can make the same claim about ND. Either way the talent the kid has I have a hard time thinking he “rots” at either school.
I think he has big time talent. I just think there is a huge diff in natty possibilities. PSU can claim whatever. What have they done? What has ND done since 2012. Case closed. That should matter to a recruit. But to my surprise this guy would rot with no chance of even a big ten champ

Tell me the highest drafted OL guy from Penn St in the last 5 years.

That's the sort of thing a RB should be looking at IMO.

Reactions: theskibro
Tell me the highest drafted OL guy from Penn St in the last 5 years.

That's the sort of thing a RB should be looking at IMO.
A rb should look first at a trans offensive line draft success instead of the trams rb draft success? Hmmm . I get your point, but ND has recruited RB position pretty poor over the last 5-10 years.

Reactions: HillRock86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT