ADVERTISEMENT

ramblings of fool - Louisville 19

2daniel6

Irish Guard
Jan 1, 2015
I have been doing these day after ramblings since 2004. I was not planning to do it this year. What this is meant to be is random thoughts I had during and after the game. Not an indepth breakdown. We have BGI staff for that. What I would ask is that anyone who reads this do the same and share your thoughts and observations you had during the game.

After the first drive, thought it might be fun night for the offensive linemen. the running game was assume.

The passing game was not good in the first half. Kept thinking; run the damn ball until they stop it.

as good as the running game did early, unbelievable how bad it was on short yardage on 3 down.

Book did look better in the second half.

As to the passing game the question I have is.
does Book have the ability to change plays at the line?
the Cardinals were giving up 5 to 8 yard passes. The crossing routes were there from the start.

Absolutely no deep threat at all.

Receivers turning short passes into big gains is a great thing.

However, if the Fighting Irish can not stretch the field, teams like Georgia will destroy them.
You allow a talented defense not have to worry about passes over 15-20 yards down the field they will creep up and take away the crossing patterns and runs after the catch. see Clemson....

Jones had nice night rushing, specifically early. he is not going to be a threat for the long runs Adams and Williams made. not fast

Claypool had nice night, flashes of big time receiver.

Tremble looks to be a match problem for teams. If he is the 3rd option at the position will be fun to see Kmet and Temble together. Might be the position that makes the offense dangerous.

defense was to put it simple terrible, terrible, terrrible early.

at no point was I confident that they would stop the Cardinal offense....

better after the first quarter but, still a long way to go to be good defense...

A win is always good, to be that sloppy and that inconsistent and win by 18 does not suck..

ONWARD TO VICTORY!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News