ADVERTISEMENT

Raiders - Brock Bower

Similar to the Buffalo Bills who have two high snap count Tight Ends. It can be done even in today’s NFL.

Mayer probably isn't in the plans for the Raider
As a long time Raider fan, I had a similar thought when this draft selection was announced. Thinking they may be positioning to trade Mayer and picks for an upgrade at QB. Still could be under consideration, but this selection makes a lot of sense with the way the Raiders want to play. Their OC likes to use the two tight end set, and the Raider QBs are going to need to heavily rely on quick passing schemes given their QBs lack of mobility and an unproven right side of their OL. Their new HC likes to play hard nosed aggressive football, and he will covet Mayer’s blocking way beyond what Bower’s will provide to the running game. I think they keep and play both and create some real problems for defenses. These two might even make one of our QBs look good!

As a long time Raider fan, I had a similar thought when this draft selection was announced. Thinking they may be positioning to trade Mayer and picks for an upgrade at QB. Still could be under consideration, but this selection makes a lot of sense with the way the Raiders want to play. Their OC likes to use the two tight end set, and the Raider QBs are going to need to heavily rely on quick passing schemes given their QBs lack of mobility and an unproven right side of their OL. Their new HC likes to play hard nosed aggressive football, and he will covet Mayer’s blocking way beyond what Bower’s will provide to the running game. I think they keep and play both and create some real problems for defenses. These two might even make one of our QBs look good!
I'm a Raiders fan as well. We have so many holes and needs that even though Bowers is a very good player, I would rather them have used the pick elsewhere or trade down. To use a 2nd and a 1st on the tight end position is just bad football management

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT