ADVERTISEMENT

QUINN CARROLL announces commitment day and time

Ara64

I've posted how many times?
Oct 5, 2012
Quinn Carroll has announced he will make his verbal commitment on Tuesday at 10:00 CST or 11:00 ET. If the recruiting experts are right the Irish should have their third offensive lineman that morning. Good luck Coach Quinn.

Last edited:
Quinn Carroll has announced he will make his verbal commitment on Tuesday morning at 10:00 CST or 11:00 ET. If the recruiting experts are right the Irish should have their third offensive lineman that morning. Good luck Coach Quinn.
Ara, this is a really important recruit, and like you, I hope the experts are right. The kid is a perfect fit for ND, and his commitment would in a sense help quiet concerns about whether Quinn can recruit at this level. We get Carroll and one more of their high end targets, and we have our next great OL class.

Hope he is ND. We will need top notch O line to go against Georgia's 5 star D next year. Next we need a big stud RB.

Looks like the type of player who usually goes to Wiscy and becomes a 300 lbs monster in that power running game.

Read this today, thought it was interesting and puts the pressure on Quinn:

Former Irish O-Line coach Harry Hiestand sent six of his protégés into the NFL during his six seasons with the Irish, including Nelson and McGlinchey on Thursday night.

Three of the six weren’t even deemed top 250 prospects nationally by Rivals.com coming out of high school. Two of the three ended up being first-rounders, McGlinchey overall No. 9 on Thursday night and Zack Martin No. 16 overall in 2014.

The third — Martin’s younger brother, Nick, was a second-rounder and No.50 pick overall in 2016.

Ronnie Stanley was the No. 176 player in his national recruiting class and was drafted sixth overall in 2016. Even five-star prospect Nelson improved his lot, from 29th overall coming into ND to No. 6 leaving the Irish.

Guard Chris Watt, 77 coming in, was the only one of the six with a similar high school recruiting ranking and draft position (89th in 2014).

Quinn Carroll has announced he will make his verbal commitment on Tuesday morning at 10:00 CST or 11:00 ET. If the recruiting experts are right the Irish should have their third offensive lineman that morning. Good luck Coach Quinn.

This is inaccurate.

He will be announcing at night, not morning.
He is announcing on his local nightly news.
So 10pm CST, 11pm EST

could be wrong but I thought I read several months ago that the family is huge irish fans. most experts have him rated as the 12th best OT in the nation or higher and so would be a huge get for our irish. also helps our irish that Olmstead verbaled because I also read some time back that they have become good friends and have talked about possibly playing together

could be wrong but I thought I read several months ago that the family is huge irish fans. most experts have him rated as the 12th best OT in the nation or higher and so would be a huge get for our irish. also helps our irish that Olmstead verbaled because I also read some time back that they have become good friends and have talked about possibly playing together

Rivals has him as the 33rd overall player in the country. The top 30 last year were 5 Stars. So he is good.
He has a close relationship with a coach at Penn State & his brother played at VT. So it’s a lot closer than people expect. If not for those two factors he would be an Irish lock. But it is still not certain at this point.

I WANT THIS KID!!!

As a Notre Dame fan for close to 30 years, there have been a lot of players that I was hoping to get; but most I could live without.

Having missed out on our top OL target last year, I want to make sure we check off that box in 2019.

Last edited:
If we can't land a ginger lineman from the Midwest named Quinn Carroll.... that would be something

Reactions: nemeth#5
We've done well in MN....Ryan Harris, Trevor Laws, James Onwualu, Michael Floyd

I WANT THIS KID!!!

As a Notre Dame fan for close to 30 years, there have been a lot of players that I was hoping to get; but most I could live without.

Having missed out on our top OL target last year, I want to make sure we check off that box in 2019.

He’s not ND’s top OL target.

He would be a great get, but just because he is ranked high by recruiting sites doesn’t mean he is the top target.

I believe he is 4th or 5th on ND’s board. They actually have Kristofic above him. (So did OSU, Clemson, & UGA who all came VERY hard at Kristofic).

So if they get Carroll they would have got three of their targets in a row (along with Olmstead). The last two are Zeke Correll & Ssm Wormley. I think a Wormley ends up at PSU & Zeke is a ND/OSU battle until the end.

Reactions: Wolfman2610

He would be a great get, but just because he is ranked high by recruiting sites doesn’t mean he is the top target.

I believe he is 4th or 5th on ND’s board. They actually have Kristofic above him. (So did OSU, Clemson, & UGA who all came VERY hard at Kristofic).

So if they get Carroll they would have got three of their targets in a row (along with Olmstead). The last two are Zeke Correll & Ssm Wormley. I think a Wormley ends up at PSU & Zeke is a ND/OSU battle until the end.

Thank you for the clarification....I am probably guilty of putting too much stock in the opinions of the ranking services.

You seem to have the inside track, so I appreciate you sharing your wisdom.

imo Quinn is the best of the bunch they are recruiting. I live a hop jump and a leap away from Delaware, Wormley is the real deal as well, I loved him as a sophomore. Many Delaware football players get overlooked but that's a whole other topic. Harry Miller is built like a brick sh*t house, while also being a perfect ND fit. On film do you think Carroll is a better prospect than Kristofic? I do, and I think Kristofic is a 4 star top 250 player. Carroll's technique is amazing, while Kristofic's body control is outstanding. I could see Kristofic being a great puller on "G" runs going up to the hole and meeting the linebacker. Carroll on film seems like a stonewall pass defender. Back is up and straight, punches well, great feet, sits with good balance. Future left and right tackles right there.

Reactions: IrishMike409
imo Quinn is the best of the bunch they are recruiting. I live a hop jump and a leap away from Delaware, Wormley is the real deal as well, I loved him as a sophomore. Many Delaware football players get overlooked but that's a whole other topic. Harry Miller is built like a brick sh*t house, while also being a perfect ND fit. On film do you think Carroll is a better prospect than Kristofic? I do, and I think Kristofic is a 4 star top 250 player. Carroll's technique is amazing, while Kristofic's body control is outstanding. I could see Kristofic being a great puller on "G" runs going up to the hole and meeting the linebacker. Carroll on film seems like a stonewall pass defender. Back is up and straight, punches well, great feet, sits with good balance. Future left and right tackles right there.

ND would love Harry Miller but I don’t think he is going to ND.

As far as Kristofic & Corrall, I personally don’t have an opinion. I can tell you what was explained to me & it made perfect sense.

Carroll right now is a more polished OL as a HS player. But he has some upside still.
Kristofic has HUGE upside. He is a big time basketball player too who played in back to back final fours. Because of basketball his weight never got over 260-265. In college, playing football only, & in a college weight program, he will be over 300 lbs. He already has long arms, fast feet & great technique. So you add the weight & he will be the full package. The ND staff referred to him as the “dream tackle.”
This is where recruiting services & college coaches differ. The services look at current form. Coaches look at potential & what they can do with them. That is why Urban Meyer, Dabo Sweeney, Kirby Smart, JimHarbaugh, James Franklin... all went after Kristofic hard.
I trust the coaches over the services. But the ND analyst on this site has Kristofic graded out very high. Much higher than his peers. And one thing we do know is ND has been elite when grading out OL in recruiting.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
Speaking of big ND commitments, did anyone see my post about Drew Pyne in the other thread?
He had himself a big day today destroying top 2019 QBs, even though he is a 2020 QB.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
ND would love Harry Miller but I don’t think he is going to ND.

As far as Kristofic & Corrall, I personally don’t have an opinion. I can tell you what was explained to me & it made perfect sense.

Carroll right now is a more polished OL as a HS player. But he has some upside still.
Kristofic has HUGE upside. He is a big time basketball player too who played in back to back final fours. Because of basketball his weight never got over 260-265. In college, playing football only, & in a college weight program, he will be over 300 lbs. He already has long arms, fast feet & great technique. So you add the weight & he will be the full package. The ND staff referred to him as the “dream tackle.”
This is where recruiting services & college coaches differ. The services look at current form. Coaches look at potential & what they can do with them. That is why Urban Meyer, Dabo Sweeney, Kirby Smart, JimHarbaugh, James Franklin... all went after Kristofic hard.
I trust the coaches over the services. But the ND analyst on this site has Kristofic graded out very high. Much higher than his peers. And one thing we do know is ND has been elite when grading out OL in recruiting.
Look man... ND goes 10-2 or 11-1 and there will be kids you would laugh at right now if you were told were going to ND, that would come. If Miller stays uncommitted for a while, we have a great year, you never know. Also should be able to flip a few kids. But yes I agree with that, Carroll is very very polished, and Kristofic has great body control and leverage... something many linemen at ND and all of CFB struggle with.

Look man... ND goes 10-2 or 11-1 and there will be kids you would laugh at right now if you were told were going to ND, that would come. If Miller stays uncommitted for a while, we have a great year, you never know. Also should be able to flip a few kids. But yes I agree with that, Carroll is very very polished, and Kristofic has great body control and leverage... something many linemen at ND and all of CFB struggle with.

Harry Miller is going to OSU. He always was going to OSU unfortunately. Just like Jurkovec was always going to ND. It’s the same kind of situation.

Harry Miller is going to OSU. He always was going to OSU unfortunately. Just like Jurkovec was always going to ND. It’s the same kind of situation.
Things change. Don't quit on a kid, and win on the field and things may change. He is almost as much as a fit as Quinn Carroll. Top of his class academically, as well as going on mission trips and all things of that nature. I know when I was in high school I couldn't make my mind up on a lot of things.

I WANT THIS KID!!!

I would rank the OLs that we've seriously/heavily pursued this year, in terms of ND's interest in landing them, as follows
  1. Harry Miller (OG/C) - Probably Ohio State
  2. Andrew Kristofic (Pure OT) - ND Commit
  3. Quinn Carrol (OT/OG) - Probably ND
  4. Saleem Worley - (OG/OT) - Penn St or ND
  5. John Olmstead (OG) - ND Commit
  6. Zeke Correll (OG/C) - ND or Ohio St
Even if/when we miss on Miller, if we land 2-6 on that list it will be the best OL class under Kelly...which is saying something

surprised that he doesn't have Michigan or Wisconsin on his list of final schools that he'll be choosing from this week with them being close midwest schools like nd. i'm guessing he didn't see them as a good fit for him but who knows

Hainsey started as a freshman.

That's beyond rare at ND.

Not to mention it will be virtually impossible, if you just look at who will be on the roster
- Eichenberg (Locked-In Starter, OT)
- Hainsey (Locked-in Starter, OT)
- Kraemer (Locked-In Starter, OG)
- Lugg (Probable Starter, OG or OT)
- Ruhland (Probable Starter, C or OG)
- Banks (Possible Starter, OT or OG)

And that's all before players like Gibbons or the 2018 recruits are considered.

That's beyond rare at ND.

Not to mention it will be virtually impossible, if you just look at who will be on the roster
- Eichenberg (Locked-In Starter, OT)
- Hainsey (Locked-in Starter, OT)
- Kraemer (Locked-In Starter, OG)
- Lugg (Probable Starter, OG or OT)
- Ruhland (Probable Starter, C or OG)
- Banks (Possible Starter, OT or OG)

And that's all before players like Gibbons or the 2018 recruits are considered.

People who just like to complain forget how good our young OL is.

Lugg - top 100
Hainsey - top 100
Eichenberg- top 100
Kraemer - top 25 (5 Star)
Banks - top 200

Those guys all have at least 3 years eligibility left.

It’s the shiny new toy syndrome. Kraemer was a 5 Star who in his first year was part of the Joe Moore Award for best Offensive Line in the country. A bunch of people wanted other guys who were “higher ranked” than Hainsey, but as a true freshman he also was part of the Joe Moore award. The guys others wanted didn’t even play on way worse OL’s.

On ND’s 2018 roster, there are probably a minimum of 5 future NFL players, probably 6.
(Bars, Mustipher, Kraemer, Hainsey, Lugg, Eichenberg).

People who just like to complain forget how good our young OL is.

Lugg - top 100
Hainsey - top 100
Eichenberg- top 100
Kraemer - top 25 (5 Star)
Banks - top 200

Those guys all have at least 3 years eligibility left.

It’s the shiny new toy syndrome. Kraemer was a 5 Star who in his first year was part of the Joe Moore Award for best Offensive Line in the country. A bunch of people wanted other guys who were “higher ranked” than Hainsey, but as a true freshman he also was part of the Joe Moore award. The guys others wanted didn’t even play on way worse OL’s.

On ND’s 2018 roster, there are probably a minimum of 5 future NFL players, probably 6.
(Bars, Mustipher, Kraemer, Hainsey, Lugg, Eichenberg).
I love our young oline just as much as the next guy. But boy was I mad when we missed out on NPF. That dude has the ability to start left tackle as a freshman at OSU. Best line tape since Quenton Nelson.

I love our young oline just as much as the next guy. But boy was I mad when we missed out on NPF. That dude has the ability to start left tackle as a freshman at OSU. Best line tape since Quenton Nelson.

Sucks missing out on him, no question.

But it couldn't really be helped after Hiestand bailed so late in the process, but before NSD. Great coach, great guy...but not the best position to leave ND in.

We were fortunate to salvage that class with Patterson

I know OSU is better than ND currently, but at OL, that is the one position ND is better at than OSU. So when comparing that position, OSU is chasing ND & they know it. There are multiple OL in OSU’s area they didn’t even look at until ND offered. Take Kristofic. OSU has nobody recruiting him. Then ND offers & within the week Urban Meyer himself visits with Kristofic & offers. There are a lot of big time programs that know ND is killing it in OL evaluation & recruiting, so they are going after who ND offers. So NPF actually has a better chance of starting at OSU this season than at ND. He would not step in day one at ND & start over Hainsey, Kraemer, Lugg, Eichenberg (obviously not Bars & Mustipher). He could battle & earn snaps, maybe (slight maybe) win a starter spot. At OSU he walks in the starter most likely. OL is the one position ND is the elite of the elite of the elite. I would love to have NPF, but that was the one position missing out on a 5 Star doesn’t kill ND.

I know OSU is better than ND currently, but at OL, that is the one position ND is better at than OSU. So when comparing that position, OSU is chasing ND & they know it. There are multiple OL in OSU’s area they didn’t even look at until ND offered. Take Kristofic. OSU has nobody recruiting him. Then ND offers & within the week Urban Meyer himself visits with Kristofic & offers. There are a lot of big time programs that know ND is killing it in OL evaluation & recruiting, so they are going after who ND offers. So NPF actually has a better chance of starting at OSU this season than at ND. He would not step in day one at ND & start over Hainsey, Kraemer, Lugg, Eichenberg (obviously not Bars & Mustipher). He could battle & earn snaps, maybe (slight maybe) win a starter spot. At OSU he walks in the starter most likely. OL is the one position ND is the elite of the elite of the elite. I would love to have NPF, but that was the one position missing out on a 5 Star doesn’t kill ND.
No no no don't get me twisted. I love our young oline. With much better talent that than snake Urban has up front offensively. It just pained me to see my favorite Oline prospect since Q fall for that snakes propaganda tricks he calls recruiting. Eichenberg and Kraemer he has openly talked about how disappointed he is he whiffed on them. He has said something along the lines of "We have missed on 2 elite linemen in state over the past couple years, and that is unacceptable" and that was before Jackson Carman probably going into last season he said that.

No no no don't get me twisted. I love our young oline. With much better talent that than snake Urban has up front offensively. It just pained me to see my favorite Oline prospect since Q fall for that snakes propaganda tricks he calls recruiting. Eichenberg and Kraemer he has openly talked about how disappointed he is he whiffed on them. He has said something along the lines of "We have missed on 2 elite linemen in state over the past couple years, and that is unacceptable" and that was before Jackson Carman probably going into last season he said that.

Yeah, Urban looked NPF & his family I’m the face & lied. I wish the NCAA releases the graduation rates before NSD. The ND Rivals analyst tweeted them out & circled ND & OSU’s black athlete graduation rates, & it caused a firestorm. ND’s was at the top, very high. OSU’s was horrid. Former ND coach & current OSU coach Tony Alford tried to defend them. He & the ND analyst are friends, so the back & forth was funny. But even Alford knew it’s a very bad number. He was ND’s top recruiter, now OSU’s. So he knows the huge difference in ethics between the two. He just can’t say it publicly.

Yeah, Urban looked NPF & his family I’m the face & lied. I wish the NCAA releases the graduation rates before NSD. The ND Rivals analyst tweeted them out & circled ND & OSU’s black athlete graduation rates, & it caused a firestorm. ND’s was at the top, very high. OSU’s was horrid. Former ND coach & current OSU coach Tony Alford tried to defend them. He & the ND analyst are friends, so the back & forth was funny. But even Alford knew it’s a very bad number. He was ND’s top recruiter, now OSU’s. So he knows the huge difference in ethics between the two. He just can’t say it publicly.
I don't think there is anything wrong with a kid not graduating under one circumstance. He goes to the NFL. And the school should always encourage that he finishes his degree either in summer or online.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a kid not graduating under one circumstance. He goes to the NFL. And the school should always encourage that he finishes his degree either in summer or online.

Early entrants to the NFL are removed in the stats being reference.

It will go live when the news starts....There should be a start time in the upper right corner

Note: Try at 10:55 ET/9:55 CT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT