ADVERTISEMENT

***Questions answered on our latest podcast (9/6)***

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
Thanks to all who submitted questions for our latest podcast. Loved the added participation from The Lounge. These are the topics I tackled with @Eric Hansen (with timestamps).

*Questions

31:24 | @drewbrennan77: Pretty disappointed in the oline from Sat night. Removing Patterson from the conversation, what do you think was the major problem and how does it get solved in the next two weeks? Sometimes the Hiestand hype is too much as ND’s oline rarely plays well in big games. AND @ShannonMarks: Yes the Oline was missing Patterson but how could they look so bad, especially in communication, handling stunts, & passing off the pass rushers? It looked like early 2021 season. These are highly rated experienced guys with a proven oline coach

38:03 | Cheryl Russo - @CherylR01091480: Do you think when Patterson is healthy he should move back to center. In addition, should they rotate Rocco and Lugg?

42:28 | Mike - @KyNDfan: Give Tommy’s play calling from week one a grade.

48:16 | Marie Biafore - @biafore_marie: Of the following, which were better worse or as expected and what can be done to improve them? Offensive game plan, offensive line, tight end play esp. Blocking, Pass rush, and Edge play? For game plan, Should there have been Slants , screens, more RPO’s, and design QB runs?

50:44 | @GaryFriend: Why were there no screen passes or slants in the game

54:57 | @Ndnyg39: Why was Salerno the obvious target in key downs rather than Styles, Merri, etc?

58:09 | @RickDIrish: Do you think Rees called a conservative game because it’s in his DNA as a Brian Kelly deciple? Also why in the hell did Tobias Merriweather not see the field. And 3 catches from our receivers, come on

1:00:20 | @sjb75: Was Marcus Freeman forced by Jack Swarbrick to hire Tommy Rees as OC, as some have said, or was Marcus Freeman allowed to hire the OC he wanted?

1:02:44 | @BobbyBancroft: How would you compare Buchner's passing ability to Zaire and Wimbush?

1:06:34 | @EastGoshenIrish: Why didn't Botello play against OSU?

1:08:40 | CJ - @IrishDisney33: I didn’t find myself thinking that the defensive line played terrible, but definitely didn’t find myself thinking that they played as well as I thought or hoped they would. Depth appears to potentially be an issue there. Your thoughts from the game and moving forward for the DL?

1:12:00 | @IrishEye12: Have your opinions on ND’s season outlook changed more for the positive or negative after the performance against Ohio State?

1:13:38 | @Irish Runt: How can ND improve in the NIL and transfer portal space so we can remake our roster faster and get elite recruits.

Reactions: KyleKellyND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News