ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Lou. We frequently read the same exact quote from recruits….

GoldenJudge

I've posted how many times?
Jul 28, 2014
“I would be set for life” when referring to an ND degree. We all know that ND sells the 4 vs.40 pitch and that it is an integral part of the coaches’ recruiting strategy. But, for years and years reading that exact same quote makes one believe that ND is telling them that they will be set for life….using those words. In any case, I have always wondered how ND backs up that claim or opportunity. National academic rankings doesn’t seem to be much proof. When talking about the path to the NFL, ND has plenty of examples. Do they also have a list of ND FB grads that have been successful after football or some other set of examples that can bring home the reality of the claim ? I’m looking for something other than the national ND alumni network, i.e proof. If you have any insights, I’d love to read them. It might give us a better indication of how meaningful those recruit quotes really are…or are they just parroting a coaches claim that has not been substantiated ? Maybe it requires a bit of research or questioning of recruits...or not.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News