ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread

nemeth#5

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 26, 2005
Dallas, Texas
Hadn't seen one yet.

ND comes out slow.... which seems to be the case now and again.... but they find the run game and hit Kmet and pull away and win the Cyclone Super Bowl.

ND 27
ISU 17

Hadn't seen one yet.

ND comes out slow.... which seems to be the case now and again.... but they find the run game and hit Kmet and pull away and win the Cyclone Super Bowl.

ND 27
ISU 17
A lot of media people jumping on ISU lately. Saying ND is not taking this serious and looks not so great in practice. Im not buying that totally

ND 31
ISU 23

Reactions: nemeth#5
This game was a trap the moment we didn’t draw a blue blood program like Texas. ISU is better than their record, but to a 20 year old kid, they’re still just Iowa State. That just doesn’t get the motivational juices flowing for everybody. It tells you that 10-2 is trash. Without grit and 100% buy in from the entire program you can easily lose these kinds of games. Upsets that shouldn’t happen do happen every weekend during college football season and are particular common in bowls because the matchups are trash. It’s a shame that a 10-2 Notre Dame would get disrespected that way. Win or lose, everyone knows that ND is the better program, with the better future. If this game was played during the regular season, with something important on the line, I’d take ND by 14+. Tough win for us in the ISU Super Bowl. I say we come back in the 4th quarter and win by 3 as long as the whole team cares. Would I bet $ on it. Not a chance. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Big12 team. So reading this board for a time times half time, one would know that they do not play defense. Therefore it is who has better offensive players, and that is no contest: ND. So how could this game be close?
ND 47
ISU 20

31-17 ND. Game will be close at half, 17-10 or so, but ND takes care of business in the second half with Lea adjustments.

Lendzey (sp?) breakout game......3 TD's two on receptions, one on a run, has 176 yds receiving, and almost returns a punt for a TD...… :) (Ok that is my dream...)

Reality: Running game will be non existent. More fire Quinn posts, I am sure I will be one of those......Book has to win the game with his legs and arm. Purdy will expose how bad our secondary really is. Hopefully the Dline can get to him.

ND- 31
ISU- 24

Lendzey (sp?) breakout game......3 TD's two on receptions, one on a run, has 176 yds receiving, and almost returns a punt for a TD...… :) (Ok that is my dream...)

Reality: Running game will be non existent. More fire Quinn posts, I am sure I will be one of those......Book has to win the game with his legs and arm. Purdy will expose how bad our secondary really is. Hopefully the Dline can get to him.

ND- 31
ISU- 24

“Wow! and you want to be my latex salesman!”

I expect ISU to come ready to play and make plays early. If we can avoid turnovers and limit our 3 and outs we should be able to control this game. Personally, I don't think this will be close.

ND 45
ISU 24

Book will be the MVP.

300 plus yards passing

50 plus running

4 TD passes

38-24

24 is being generous.

Cyclones will pass the ball 45-50 times. NDs top 10 passing defense will shut them down.

Some of the passing offense totals for ND's opponents:

70th
100th
76th
36th
120th
48th
81st
109th
128th
107th
37th

Probably all due to playing one game against ND's pass D which will completely shut down Brock Purdy.

Some of the passing offense totals for ND's opponents:

70th
100th
76th
36th
120th
48th
81st
109th
128th
107th
37th

Probably all due to playing one game against ND's pass D which will completely shut down Brock Purdy.

ISU played only 4 teams with Defenses ranked in the top 40. They scored 21 or less against 3 of them, the only one they scored more than 21 against was a 5-7 team.

ND 77
ISU 3

ND clearly the better program and ISU has no chance with their terrible players and coach.

Random question?

What years were you at ISU?

I’m currently sitting in a room with ISU grads (Engineering grad & undergrad) who spanned 2001-2009.

When this game was announced I felt like it was a no win situation for the Irish. As the weeks went on and all the talk has been on how good Iowa State really is, I think that is to ND’s benefit. Players aren’t living in a bubble. They hear the noise. With that said, I really think ND will show up highly motivated and play with intensity. The Irish basically have been dismissed ever since the Michigan game. They have a chance to close out the year and make a statement. Beating ISU convincingly would be just what the doctor ordered.

ND 48 Iowa State 20

Boy, is Lee Corso dissing ND on ESPN. Basically mocking ND- said ND wanted to go to a big bowl and it is.a big one....in Orlando !!!!!!!!!!! Picked ISU in an upset. I thought that this Bozo retired !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irish 38, Clones 17
It's good that Corso has not chosen the Irish, imho!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT