ADVERTISEMENT

Predicting ND vs Iowa in the Fiesta Bowl

mokpra37

Posts Like A Champion
Jul 28, 2008
If so, I like ND's chances. Iowa has a pretty unspectacular offense. While there defense is disciplined, I think ND's speed would result in several chunk plays and a couple of long scores.

If so, I like ND's chances. Iowa has a pretty unspectacular offense. While there defense is disciplined, I think ND's speed would result in several chunk plays and a couple of long scores.
Florida would be a prime match up

Rose has said they will take highest rated Big Team available. That will be OSU.

Weren't both Iowa and MSU both just horrible on offense. Yuck!

Last edited:
Hopefully the Irish get the Fiesta Bowl as I already have tix, plane reservations, and hotel for my wife and I. I've got no desire to go to Atlanta as I was just there a couple of months ago. Would like to draw a Big 10 opponent as well, as although I'm a Texan, a game against Houston offers zero upside IMO, but I'd rather see the squad play Houston in AZ as opposed to anyone in GA.

Mike

I think the Irish match up well in this contest. Honestly don't think Michigan State or Iowa are top five teams (as per this week's rankings), however, I am all in favor for a game against the Hawkeyes.

iowa couldn't handle the speed of our irish as they haven't faced anybody all year that even comes close to matching the speed like that. it would be the worst matchup for them

I really hope Notre Dame doesn't pull Houston in a bowl game. As stated earlier, it's a no win situation for the Irish. Plus, I don't think we match up well defensively w/ the cougars. It would definitely put BVG's scheme to the test... however, I am not sure he wins this match up.

Don't be surprised if it's an OSU-ND matchup in the Fiesta. Many behind the scenes are trying to make this a go.

I've already looked at 4 different bowl projection sites and every single one has ND playing either OSU or Houston. It has to be OSU IMO. That is a game if you lose its to a perceived elite team program. ND beats OSU that is a huge win for the Irish. ND vs. Houston is a no win situation IMO. ND wins they will say "oh, you beat Houston", they lose to the Cougars and everyone will be mocking ND.

Being an Ohio boy, my dream is for ND to beat OSU in the CFP title game, this would be pretty close.

If it isn't OSU, I hope it's Iowa or FSU.

IM

Michigan win is better then any win Iowa has. Iowa has a salty D and stayed with Michigan St because of it but did not impress me as a top 5 team team. I would be very surprised if the committee keeps them above Ohio St.

Based on last nights game, I truly believe ND beats both MSU or Iowa. Not impressed with either team at all. Or OSU either. BIG is weak, no question about that.

Houston, IMO, would hammer this defense. I don't want that match up at all. I believe, Iowa or OSU would be a good matchup for ND. Though I worry about OSU. I believe ND can beat Iowa soundly.

My guess is ND vs Ohio State. Much more money draw for them. I agree that Iowa's offense is mediocre, and while they have a decent defense they couldn't handle our OLine.

ND is still ranked ahead of Northwestern. Keep crying.
It's amazing how you keep calling me a loser for posting here, but within 30 seconds of all my posts or me coming here to read other posters you post about it. Are you so obsessed with me that you have an alarm that goes off whenever I come on the board? That type of obsession is really unhealthy. I know I'm worth reading but relax. It's Sunday. Go see a family member. Find a hobby outside of me. It'll be good for your anger issues

"It's amazing how you keep calling me a loser for posting here, but within 30 seconds of all my posts or me coming here to read other posters you post about it. Are you so obsessed with me that you have an alarm that goes off whenever I come on the board? That type of obsession is really unhealthy. I know I'm worth reading but relax. It's Sunday. Go see a family member. Find a hobby outside of me. It'll be good for your anger issues."

This coming from the person throwing a daily tantrum on this site because Northwestern is ranked behind. Keep crying!

"It's amazing how you keep calling me a loser for posting here, but within 30 seconds of all my posts or me coming here to read other posters you post about it. Are you so obsessed with me that you have an alarm that goes off whenever I come on the board? That type of obsession is really unhealthy. I know I'm worth reading but relax. It's Sunday. Go see a family member. Find a hobby outside of me. It'll be good for your anger issues."

This coming from the person throwing a daily tantrum on this site because Northwestern is ranked behind. Keep crying!
No crying just comparing two teams based on the criteria provided by the committee

I can only imagine that the psychopath from Northwestern has returned. The ignore function is a wonderful thing.

My guess is ND vs Ohio State. Much more money draw for them. I agree that Iowa's offense is mediocre, and while they have a decent defense they couldn't handle our OLine.

That's what they said about Temple and BC too. I think ND versus either MSU or Iowa would be a close game. I think ND versus OSU is a loss.

Reactions: Kelso86
That's what they said about Temple and BC too. I think ND versus either MSU or Iowa would be a close game. I think ND versus OSU is a loss.
I think it would be harder against OSU, I don't consider it a automatic loss though. Ohio State, much like ND, played down to it's opponents and they have some holes. But yes, Iowa (MSU doesn't count we won't be playing them) is obviously the better match up for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT