ADVERTISEMENT

Practice Report

iwish

Posts Like A Champion
Feb 1, 2006
In listening to some of the practice reports, BW looked great and was 21 for 23 unofficially, while Book had 2 INT's and a 3rd one dropped. As always, it's still practice and a long way to go - but the reported improvements with BW's footwork, effort and accuracy are certainly encouraging.

No inside knowledge, but I’m not surprised at all. Brandon Wimbush had virtually no experience prior to last year. He had success early because defensive coaches didn’t know what to expect and what worked against him. He struggled to adjust when they figured some things out about his tendencies. He maybe has finally made the adjustments that he needed to as well. My only question is if he can handle the run option. That was his most glaring deficiency IMO.

Didn't we always believe that the job was BW's to lose? Eric Hansen has said on multiple occasions after one of his practice reports that BW is looking improved with Ian a mixture of a good throw followed by a couple of bad ones. This team needs two healthy experienced QBs armed and ready for the 2018 season. Just as they need another RB or two behind the two starters. On a side note, I'm wishing upon a star that Polian would think a little outside the box and have Avery handle the Holding duties instead of a punter. The fake kick. The botched snap. The botched hold. It would seem like it can be handled much better by a QB /athlete who knows what to do with the pumpkin.

Reactions: Kelso86
Ron Powlus was one of the greatest QB ND ever had in practice that never materialize on the field. I am hoping that Wimbush will be able to transfer his accuracy onto the field. Otherwise next man in.
I still think QB play is a 2 man job, player and coaching. The coaches still need to play call to his strengthens, injury risk be damn.

Ron Powlus was one of the greatest QB ND ever had in practice that never materialize on the field. I am hoping that Wimbush will be able to transfer his accuracy onto the field. Otherwise next man in.
I still think QB play is a 2 man job, player and coaching. The coaches still need to play call to his strengthens, injury risk be damn.
I don't think powlus was ever going to have his ability maximized in a Lou Holtz offense. Had he gone to say Florida and played for Spurrier he may have had a Heisman for his mantle.

Ron Powlus in Coach Holtz offense was like putting a square in a round hole. It didn't work and sad to watch.

First glad to hear BW is making strides. Also as one poster said we need 2 good QB's and it looks like we do. regarding Powlus didn't he have a shoulder injury that hampered his ability as a QB

can't remember word for word on what he said but Pete Sampson was saying on twitter this weekend that he thinks our irish could win ten games this year if we get the Wimbush for this season that he has seen in some of the spring pactices

Good to hear the news on BW. I hope he makes the (expected) 2nd year starter jump this year and we see a more confident player to go along with his obvious physical talents.

can't remember word for word on what he said but Pete Sampson was saying on twitter this weekend that he thinks our irish could win ten games this year if we get the Wimbush for this season that he has seen in some of the spring pactices
With the defense they have coming back, they should win 10 games this year.

First glad to hear BW is making strides. Also as one poster said we need 2 good QB's and it looks like we do. regarding Powlus didn't he have a shoulder injury that hampered his ability as a QB

"regarding Powlus didn't he have a shoulder injury that hampered his ability as a QB"

Yes -- he had a shoulder injury his Freshman year -- but that had no impact on his ability as a QB. Being in Holtz's option offense is what did that.

"regarding Powlus didn't he have a shoulder injury that hampered his ability as a QB"

Yes -- he had a shoulder injury his Freshman year -- but that had no impact on his ability as a QB. Being in Holtz's option offense is what did that.
The ill fated "blarney stone " offense. ugh.

yep. if he doesn't get hurt mcdougal probably never gets his chance.

Reactions: Kelso86
And he might win two Heisman’s if Randy Moss does not get in trouble after he committed to ND.

Getting back to BW. In tonight's radio broadcast, Eric Hansen was really singing high praises of BW and his performance at the last scrimmage, though BK did down play it a little. I think I'm getting excited.

Reactions: Pennick4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT