ADVERTISEMENT

Post-Visit Notes On 2019 OL Walter Rouse

DavidMcKinney

I've posted how many times?
Aug 3, 2016
South Bend, Indiana.
Hey guys,

I just got off the phone with 2019 three-star OL Walter Rouse, who is fresh off an official visit to Notre Dame. Full story coming, but here are some quick hitters.

***Rouse plans to release a final two later this week. I'd make a strong bet that it will be Notre Dame and Stanford. He'll announce a decision sometime this month. He said "he's seeing things clearer" after this visit.

***Rouse wants to be a heart surgeon, and he spent a lot of time this weekend meeting with Dr. Brian Ratigan, a former Irish LB who now works as an orthopedic surgeon. Notre Dame made a clear effort to show Rouse a path to his goals.

***Offensive line coach Jeff Quinn once again made a strong impression on Rouse and his mother. Rouse called him a "one-of-a-kind" coach, and continued to say nothing but great things about the first year Irish staffer.

***Rouse absolutely loved his experience inside Notre Dame Stadium Saturday night and said he's never experienced anything like it in his life. He described it as "crazy in a good way"

****Rouse was hosted on the trip by freshman OL Jarrett Patterson. Rouse said he loves the way the entire OL interacts with one another, and could definitely see himself meshing with the group.

More to come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News