ADVERTISEMENT

Post game thoughts.

Hopkins02

All Star
Gold Member
May 1, 2020
Overall, I feel bad for the players. The defense was getting pushed off the line, and looked lost all day. However, I saw effort and guys that wanted to win badly, it literally looked like we didn’t prep at all this week for any of the “ looks” NIU was showing the defense.

Number 2: I don’t know how Freeman and Denbrock come back from this. Even if we win out, ( which we won’t) this is an all time no show/ choke job. Denbrock was suppose to be the “ adult” that could script a game. I think Jayden Daniel’s 60 yard scrambles had more to do about Denbrock hype than anything…

On Riley’s interception it was 2nd and 1 and I think we were passed mid field and slowly moving the ball. The defense as bad as it was, “ stabilized” the game and NIU was still sitting at 13 points. We could have sat on the ball and killed clock and atleast pinned them deep. They would not have scored again. The Riley interception, is the worst since the Rees/ Tulsa “ Get used to it” play.

We will bounce back against Purdue, and probably string together some wins still, Freeman does great with adversity, but the bottom will fall out again, once we have success. Marcus and this program does not know to handle success, and there is 3 years of evidence now.

It’s weird to be 1 -1 and I don’t think there is anything they could do rest of the year, to change the perception. Freeman could not lose this type of game in year 3, and he did.. Now ND and him are done this year. Ouch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.