ADVERTISEMENT

Poking the tiger

Did ND lose the game because of green jerseys or because they weren’t that good and got outplayed? ND was playing a walk on that game who through a pick six on a poor decision. What did the jerseys have to do with that particular play?

Should ND have not worn green jerseys against USC in 2005? Would ND have won if they wore blu
Context my man, context !

ND was undefeated going into the BC game and ranked 4th in the country.
They had beaten the # 7, 11, 18 and 21st ranked teams in the country, so that takes care of your claim that they weren’t that good at game time.

As to your statement that they were outplayed, isn’t that the overriding conclusion when a team loses ?

Why the need to pull out the green jerseys.

ND was known to pull out the green jerseys when they were an underdog, not when they were heavily favored

What a plus for BC’s coaching staff.
The BC players felt disrespected by ND wearing green and the coaches and players felt that ND needed to wear green in order to beat them.

Terrible move by Willingham !

Great incentive for BC

Reactions: 96domer
I just did....
You have been on this board for a little more than 4 years and have posted over 19,000 times!
Do yourself a favor and take a break for awhile. Deliver meals on wheels, go on a mission, read to the sight impaired, clean bed pans, oh wait, based on your personality, cleaning bed pans is perfect for you.

They had beaten the # 7, 11, 18 and 21st ranked teams in the country, so that takes care of your claim that they weren’t that good at game time.

As to your statement that they were outplayed, isn’t that the overriding conclusion when a team loses ?

ND was known to pull out the green jerseys when they were an underdog, not when they were heavily favored

The BC players felt disrespected by ND wearing green and the coaches and players felt that ND needed to wear green in order to beat them.

Great incentive for BC
7 fumbles. 3 lost. 2 INT’s including a 70 yard pick six on a horrible decision from a walk on QB. That’s why ND lost. It was 14-0 until the very end of the game.

All year that team won with defense and special teams. Too many turnovers in the BC game.

With 5 turnovers, the BC offense only managed 7 points (7 points were the result of a defensive pick six). Where was the offensive motivation because of the disrespect of ND wearing green? Was only the BC defense motivated by the green jerseys? Or was it the case of ND’s offense being bad and the defense being good just like the whole year to that point?

Also, we’re not even talking about green jerseys but white pants. I wonder how many Clemson players even noticed or know that ND wears gold pants for away uniforms.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 756

Great incentive for BC
What incentive did BC have in 1993 and what jerseys and pants were we wearing?

I think we need to worry about uniform choice and the impact they have on future wins and losses. Maybe wear dull helmets so A/M doesn't get angry next year. Ya know taking the shine off them at their house. SMH

Why did we have to wear all white travel uniforms against Clemson?
Clemson was a wounded tiger, coming off two consecutive road losses
and gearing up for a home game against us. We didn’t need to give them
any more motivation to feel disrespected.
The pants made ZERO difference in this game -- this team (Clemson) was excited from the start --

Reactions: BGI User 756
What incentive did BC have in 1993 and what jerseys and pants were we wearing?
BC’s incentive was provided by their great coach and a chance to upset the # 1 team in the nation

Standard home game blue jerseys and gold pants

Oh so the attire didn't matter that game
There was no reason why it would matter since it was the standard and customary attire.
In that particular game the attire wasn’t a factor in incentivizing BC.

In Willingham’s gam it was a factor.

If you knew anything about football you would have known that !

OUCH !

I think we need to worry about uniform choice and the impact they have on future wins and losses. Maybe wear dull helmets so A/M doesn't get angry next year. Ya know taking the shine off them at their house. SMH
I think the female cheerleaders will tip their jar.

There was no reason why it would matter since it was the standard and customary attire.

OUCH !
So it didnt matter in 93 but it mattered on 2002.... lol

What was our attire like against Louisville? How could they beat us with our stanfard attire.

You are so stupid it's comical

So it didnt matter in 93 but it mattered on 2002.... lol

What was our attire like against Louisville? How could they beat us with our stanfard attire.

You are so stupid it's comical
Have someone explain context and motivation to you because you’re clueless.

Try to understand context and motivation related to the 1977 USC and Texas games.

Have someone explain context and motivation to you because you’re clueless.

Try to understand context and motivation related to the 1977 USC and Texas games.
You are getting more stupid and I didn't even think that was possible !

Some things are just over your head and beyond your ability to comprehend.

Have someone with a brain explain the 1977 USC game and the impact that the green jerseys had on that game.

You really are clueless !

OUCH !

OUCH !
My God man shut up and wipe your damn chin.

Then tell us, what was the purpose of hiding the green jerseys in the locker room prior to warm ups, then putting them in the players lockers after warm ups and prior to the game ?

You and IrishJohn are totally clueless !

OUCH !

I see that the village idiot has returned.

You’re incapable of posting anything of substance about football !
No. I just hate seeing stupid crap like you. Wipe you chin and get back to the old folks home.

Then tell us, what was the purpose of hiding the green jerseys in the locker room prior to warm ups, then putting them in the players lockers after warm ups and prior to the game ?

OUCH !
Why are you endlessly arguing with posters for days, weeks, months?

OUCH !
I’m Always On Your Mind. Ouch!

BTW dumbass, are you able to read your computer screen? Should we all type in big bold letters because you are unable to see? I’m just trying to help you old man!

That’s what he does. Thinks he is the smartest poster here. Go ahead and ask him.
I don’t think I’m the smartest poster on this site and I never made that claim.

What I will say is that I’m extraordinarily and exponentially smarter than you !

But then again, who isn’t ?

• Haha
Reactions: NDblitz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT