ADVERTISEMENT

Please Help!

NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
So... inevitably around this time of year many of us run into an issue that non college football fans "just don't get." People love scheduling weddings, et cetera and taking over our beloved football Saturday's. I thought I was in the clear until they switched the game to Sunday. It just so happens I will face this horrendous situation during the Texas game on Sunday.

So, it's 2016, I think! In 2009 I Skyped my uncle who was serving in Afghanistan using 3G and live streamed his daughters entire wedding in a remote area with no wifi. She even got to talk to him, which was a complete surprise for her. Pretty cool technological moment.

Anyway, someone please tell me that there is a way that I can stream the Notre Dame versus Texas game. I will be without wifi, but I should have a solid 4G connection and a fully charged iPhone 6S. Can someone make my day, please????

Reactions: end_23
the game is on ESPN if you have cable. you can stream it that way. Basically the espy stream app will ask you what cable company you have. another way if you do not have cable sign up for sonyvue and add ESPN a much cheaper tv option then cable

Last edited:
Hi. Per USA today TV listings the game is on ABC, who is ESPN's little sister.
Sometimes ABC games are also on ESPN 3, easier to stream, but not on regular ESPN.
Cincinnati opens Thurs. Sept 1 on ESPN3, see if Gunner gets in game early:)
God bless the USA.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Who the hell gets married on Sunday night! Someone needs to get there head examined. Is this the doing of either cvgr or Bugnuthole?

Reactions: IrishMike409
BTW, I have no way to help OP, sorry! DVR it, don't pay attention to scores, watch it later and skip the commercials. That's what I would do!

Hi. Per USA today TV listings the game is on ABC, who is ESPN's little sister.
Sometimes ABC games are also on ESPN 3, easier to stream, but not on regular ESPN.
Cincinnati opens Thurs. Sept 1 on ESPN3, see if Gunner gets in game early:)
God bless the USA.

From my experience, usually they are not.

Download WatchESPN app from the App Store. ESPN is advertising that the game will be streamed live on the app.

WatchESPN by ESPN https://appsto.re/us/xKIKz.i

Personally though I'd take myself completely off the grid, warn everyone I speak to not to tell me anything about any college football, then watch on DVR in the comfort of my living room whenever I get home regardless of the time.

Have you considered just sending cash and a card with personalized message that says, "Sorry I missed the wedding. Hope I can make the next one" or some other personal touch?

You should do what I always tell my wife whenever events conflict with ND games. In all fairness, ND football came first and I excuse myself from attending any events that conflict with ND football. You're welcome.

Relax...it's just a game. Your family/friends are more important. Take a break now and again to check the score.

Blasphemy !! Nothing is more important than Notre Dame football !! Except if you score with a hot chick that is feeling sad because she got dumped by her boyfriend ! That does happen at weddings !

Reactions: Irish Grandeur
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT