ADVERTISEMENT

Peter Tork RIP

Toby Smart

All Star
Aug 28, 2002
Monkees versatile musician passed away from cancer at 77. Not insignificant. I had the pleasure of seeing the original Monkees twice during my concert going days. Though he had a grouchy crabby aura about him at times, even on stage, he was very talented. He played the bass, keyboards, and banjo besides back up harmony duties. Rest in peace and thanks for the memories.

I think Davey Jones died a few years ago. Mickey Dolenz is still around and still does some gigs as "The Monkees". Mike Nesmith is a mystery.

Loved the Monkees as a wee kid. Hated the Monkees as an older kid ("they're so LAME!"). Like them again as an adult. They had excellent Brill Building writers (Carole King, Neil Diamond, Boyce & Hart).

RIP.

Reactions: 8th Man
Nesmith and Dolenz have been performing lately as The Monkees. Sometimes, Dolenz goes solo. Great choice on the music. "Look Out" is one of my favorite songs. Love it. They performed this song both times I saw the lads many years ago. And yes, at that time, they all played multiple instruments during the show.

Nesmith and Dolenz have been performing lately as The Monkees. Sometimes, Dolenz goes solo. Great choice on the music. "Look Out" is one of my favorite songs. Love it. They performed this song both times I saw the lads many years ago. And yes, at that time, they all played multiple instruments during the show.
Look Out one of my all time favorites as well, brings back fond memories of Linda and Carol. RIP and thanks for the other great songs. I'm not just a believer but a Daydream Believer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT