ADVERTISEMENT

Per TOS re: our Rivals recruiting ranking

twalsh

All Star
Jan 7, 2008
A commitment by Studstill this afternoon, which would be #20, could push as high as third, and we will get another big boost with the #21 commitment, regardless of who it is, because that will push the 2-star long snapper out of the ratings calculation.

Turnover Machine will not be happy with this turn of events.

This class should finish top ten. Linebackers are the key to a significant move from there into the top 6. Nice post twalsh.

A commitment by Studstill this afternoon, which would be #20, could push as high as third, and we will get another big boost with the #21 commitment, regardless of who it is, because that will push the 2-star long snapper out of the ratings calculation.

Well, you know he's going to decommit before signing day, right?

If only we could get Turnover Machine to decommit from ND and sign on somewhere else. That would be a welcome change.

I gave you a "like" on that post. If I could, I would give you a hundred likes for that.

Reactions: Walruzz
My kid got into ND last night! He's not a 5* (a tall skinny 175 all prep league center who has played his last fb game, unless he plays dorm ball at ND.) Couldn't be prouder. Great kid, hard worker. Gets his brains from his mother.

Congrats. Yesterday must have been the day. A classmate of mine (1978) emailed me today and told me that his son was also accepted to ND yesterday.

This class should finish top ten. Linebackers are the key to a significant move from there into the top 6. Nice post twalsh.

the LBDB group might be exceptional if things go in best projections

Last edited:
Those were the days: the NC in football and the final four in basketball.
And maybe 15 regular season college football games on national TV ..........................PER SEASON!!!!!! Of course, had our games all been on national TV back then, we would have missed out on the privilege of having Jim "Blue" Denin and youngster Jeff Jeffers call our games on channel 16. Which we watched in Grace on a 7 inch black and white Panasonic TV, and thought it was wonderful.

My kid got into ND last night! He's not a 5* (a tall skinny 175 all prep league center who has played his last fb game, unless he plays dorm ball at ND.) Couldn't be prouder. Great kid, hard worker. Gets his brains from his mother.

Awesome - congrats

Congrats to you. My letter came on December 7, 1975. So, to me, Pearl Harbor day brings back very fond memories every year.

And maybe 15 regular season college football games on national TV ..........................PER SEASON!!!!!! Of course, had our games all been on national TV back then, we would have missed out on the privilege of having Jim "Blue" Denin and youngster Jeff Jeffers call our games on channel 16. Which we watched in Grace on a 7 inch black and white Panasonic TV, and thought it was wonderful.

Like I said, those were the days.

when the smoke clears at the end; the key is the distribution of the 'elite talent' stat.
Composite ratings =>94 or RR =>5.9. How many of those players comprise a class.
At this point the usual suspects have 5-8 of these prospects, while ND is currently at 3.
There is still time for ND to close with a few more.

Last edited:

I doubt any fan is unhappy to get a good recruiting class. Just because some people of critical of play calling at times or our defensive issues doesn't mean they are unhappy to have a solid recuriting class. I am sure Turnover would like nothing more than ND picking up top 5 recruiting class every year.

Reactions: artemis gordon
I doubt any fan is unhappy to get a good recruiting class. Just because some people of critical of play calling at times or our defensive issues doesn't mean they are unhappy to have a solid recuriting class. I am sure Turnover would like nothing more than ND picking up top 5 recruiting class every year.
I don't know why people are so hard on Turnover he is just expressing an opinion. I sometimes get the impression with a number of commenters on this board that the first amendment only exists for them.

I don't know why people are so hard on Turnover he is just expressing an opinion. I sometimes get the impression with a number of commenters on this board that the first amendment only exists for them.
There's nothing wrong with the first amendment. The problem is that TOM is a troll who pretends to be a Notre Dame fan but is here for no other reason than to cause trouble. His comments are about 99% negative with anything connected to ND.

Reactions: Classic Irish

The First Amendment has zero applicability to what is posted on a private message board such as this.
Posters are hard on turnover because he is a fraud, i.e. he pretends to be an ND fan when he is really not an ND fan.

Reactions: Classic Irish
His response to every commitment for the last two months has been to point out our still poor recruiting ranking. So what will he criticize now? How Kelly is a moron for recruiting too many defensive backs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT