ADVERTISEMENT

Football Pat Narduzzi thinks Miles Boykin got away with OPI on 2018 game-winner

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
Pat Narduzzi dropped this one out of nowhere in today's press conference at Pitt. He was asked about penalties and found his way to the 2018 game somehow.

Q. How do you stay focused when you feel like you're not getting both ways, how do you stay focused despite those?

PAT NARDUZZI: I think that's what we have done. Again you can't get emotional like Donovan did, and it's an emotional game, he's trying to protect M.J. It's, like, just stay away.

But besides the emotional one there on one play which cost us 21 yards, you know, you've just got to keep your cool and play ball. I don't think our guys get emotional when it happens to them.

I mean, you go back and watch A.J. Woods, he's on there, it's a tiny little tug, and the guy is jamming, and supposedly when you lock your arm out, it's supposed to be called as offensive pass interference. But it doesn’t get called. When someone is pushing me off, I'm holding on for dear life, too.

Q. Does it bother you that all this is happening in the seventh game of the season?

PAT NARDUZZI: It bothers me when it happens in the first game and seventh game and bothered me even more because last time I was at Notre Dame, it happened in the whatever game on a post in the middle field. So it bothers me every game.

Here's that Boykin catch if you don't recall (1:34):

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News