ADVERTISEMENT

OTish: Anybody else think its kind of funny how much is demanded of the coaching staff and nobody advocates for them?

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
I was watching the "Well Off Media" youtube channel where Coach Prime's son is filming his Dad and family as head coaches and star players in D1 college football (in a live behind the scenes footage/documentary style about their careers). I follow it religiously. It really gives you perspective on how much the coaches and players sacrifice in their personal lives in order to compete at the highest level and optimize their careers. Players got it hard too but they have tons of advocates these days, but the coaches don't really have any.

Coach Prime had a grandchild like a month ago, but barely was able to see him today (during the bye week) due to all the demands as a head coach.

Any coach that wants to get to the highest level in coaching (head coach, and 99% of them do) is having to work and sacrifice just as much. These guys are all office rats as a result missing all kinds of important dates/family outings/milestones/etc. year around. And we just keep asking (but more like demanding) more and more of them.

Managing a high P4 level FBS football program at the level of Notre Dame is like managing an NFL organization these days, the competition must be intense/insane.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT