ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Ticket prices on the rise.

Irishjohn68

All Star
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2003
Have any of you seen the price increase for season tickets at the stadium? Ticket donations going from $5,500 to over $10,000. And the face value is also increasing with the new pricing system.

And a professional security firm taking over the ushers and concessions? Will this be the end of the famed stadium ushers as we know it? Lots of changes for 2017 besides the QB position.

Reactions: Kelso86
I have my favorite scalper I deal with and he says it is becoming harder to get four good tickets together...between the 20's lower bowl. Most of the old time ticket holders cannot afford the donations on all four so are instead keeping only two. Unless the team keeps winning the prices keep coming down...except for maybe the Georgia game there should be no problem finding tickets for below face value. Just harder to get four good ones together.

It is of my opinion that the Georgia game could very well be a sea of red. Probable prime time game. National TV. Georgia's first visit to South Bend. The willingness of Irish fans to sell their tickets for profit. Georgia fans willing to gobble up any and all seats. Where am I going wrong with this thinking?

Reactions: Irishjohn68
I remember being at the Nebraska game and wondering if we where the home team or visiting team. Not sure how Georgia fans travel but I have a bad feeling about that game.

Irishjohn68: I was on the tollway about 7AM Central headed to the Nebraska game and I was surrounded by Husker fans. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. That day will go down in infamy.

It is of my opinion that the Georgia game could very well be a sea of red. Probable prime time game. National TV. Georgia's first visit to South Bend. The willingness of Irish fans to sell their tickets for profit. Georgia fans willing to gobble up any and all seats. Where am I going wrong with this thinking?
Based on what you hear in the Atlanta area, I'd be surprised if less than 20,000 to 25,000 UGA fans are heading to south bend that weekend. This is a huge deal for them.

Tell them all to come. ND fans are more than happy to turn ND Stadium into the opponents stadium if a profit is involved. That's how pissed I am, after all these years, regarding the Nebraska game. There have been a few others but Nebraska was the worst by far. Georgia may top it.

Tell them all to come. ND fans are more than happy to turn ND Stadium into the opponents stadium if a profit is involved. That's how pissed I am, after all these years, regarding the Nebraska game. There have been a few others but Nebraska was the worst by far. Georgia may top it.
It's not a profit as after the donation the ticket price is much higher than the printed face value. Plus most games are sold at below face value. Can't blame them with the greed of the University.

These are the same fans who will then go social media and complain about the home stadium atmosphere and the gray hairs are to blame and it's too quiet in the stadium and the opponents aren't intimidated etc etc etc. I can and do blame them.

Hey Toby,

Since you feel so strongly about it, I'll give you a once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase my season tickets. Four beautiful seats in section 10 46 rows up. It'll only cost you $14,000 this year. Sure to increase next year and the year after from what the ticket office told me. But hey, at least there will be four Irish fans sitting in the seats.

You really going to question this? My 18 year streak started with the Kansas game and will continue into 2017, the Good Lord willing. It's no big deal. I've been attending games since the late 1950s. You wanna question that too? I live an hour from campus and have the ability and means to attend. Here's something that will make you question my sincerity. I actually go to campus several times a year in the off season just to walk around and have lunch. You think I'm the only one? It doesn't make me any better than Irish fans spread out across the country. Didn't mean to embarrass you but if your seat is so valuable to sell to all comers, then don't complain about the stadium atmosphere, and something tells me you are the first one in line to complain. Other than that, I have nothing to prove to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT