ADVERTISEMENT

OT The Hunt

rgc7

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 23, 2012
How could anyone even in the sickness of their minds, really be that sick ? The Producers, directors, writers, etc of such an insane move as the HUNT have to be very deranged people.
The Liberals talk about gun control, but I really have to wonder how many of them will
Go to see this “ movie “ ?
How many nut cases will go over the edge and try to murder “ Deplorable “ people after seeing
This piece of trash of a “ Movie “ ?
Just another sign of the Progressive Society headed to complete moral decay !

Reactions: d1042
How could anyone even in the sickness of their minds, really be that sick ? The Producers, directors, writers, etc of such an insane move as the HUNT have to be very deranged people.
The Liberals talk about gun control, but I really have to wonder how many of them will
How many nut cases will go over the edge and try to murder “ Deplorable “ people after seeing

Nothing new here
The "Last Supper"(not christain movie) had the same theme. I don't remember the year though Cameron Diaz stared in it.

The facts are the "deplorables" rule the country side the liberals rule the cities.
History shows time and again how this plays out.

Last edited:
Reactions: d1042 and rgc7
I think it is, or at least similar
Well at least the deplorables will be the hero's and the liberal's the villians. Who knows maybe it becomes a MAGA cult classic. Im sure the producers were banking on the outrage to sell tickets and it looks like its working.
Personally Im more of a tv series guy. I dont really enjoy movies as much anymore mainly because of the universal story arch every movie has to employ.
However my wife loves the Saw, Purge genre so I watch out spousel obligation but they are so damn stupid it gets hard.

Well at least the deplorables will be the hero's and the liberal's the villians. Who knows maybe it becomes a MAGA cult classic. Im sure the producers were banking on the outrage to sell tickets and it looks like its working.
Personally Im more of a tv series guy. I dont really enjoy movies as much anymore mainly because of the universal story arch every movie has to employ.
However my wife loves the Saw, Purge genre so I watch out spousel obligation but they are so damn stupid it gets hard.
That's funny

Reactions: d1042
As a kid, we played a lesser violent version of this movie that we called "Ditch". A bunch of kids were on the search team and a few were the runners. We played in a swampy wooded area by the Borman Expressway (I80). If caught, you were tied to a tree or sometimes mildly roughed up (headlock, musclers, dog pile). Nobody cried or complained. Problem was the last runner out there hiding wouldn't always know when the rest had called the game and went home. It was pretty much every man for himself.

Reactions: rgc7 and d1042

You've never read "The Most Dangerous Game", I take it.

It looks like this is something that Fox News and other right wing commentators will go crazy on, and liberals really couldn't care less.

Reactions: rgc7
I dont know what it is about but any movie that will make anyone make such a proclamation is worth seeing! Also, my favorite musical artist is acting in it... Sturgill Simpson plays the role of some redneck.

Reactions: sluggo69
So Toby took it literally when his parents told him to go play on the freeway.

Another hollyweird movie that glorifies violence.
Then blame the tool when it happens in their back yard.

So Toby took it literally when his parents told him to go play on the freeway.
Pretty much. Check out the neighborhood in and around Gilroy Stadium (youtube it). Those were some fun times. Running across the Borman to get to Midtown. We lost one of our own when he drowned in a man made ditch filled with weeds and muck in that area. Ran around South Gleason Golf Course to all hours of the night playing Ditch and Flashlight tag or just meeting up with friends. Get your chores done early and the day was all yours. We also drank out of the deadly garden hose.

Reactions: sluggo69 and rgc7
NDE,
I did both read the book and see the movie. It was very interesting and suspenseful movie. As the movie and the plot of the book progressed, everyone knew that the host was completely insane, and
Really don’t think that anyone really wanted to emulate the hunter ?

Reactions: deadirishpoet
NDE,
I did both read the book and see the movie. It was very interesting and suspenseful movie. As the movie and the plot of the book progressed, everyone knew that the host was completely insane, and
Really don’t think that anyone really wanted to emulate the hunter ?

Then why do you suddenly think people are going to watch a satirical movie and start emulating them?

Because,
The country has never been divided along political lines with radical groups like Antifa, and people
Like Maxine Waters telling Waco’s to attack Conservatives in public places and outside their homes.
People outside of Mitch McConnell’s Home chanting stab the ..... in the heart.
This film can only incite and intensify the hatred. Satire or no satire !

Because,
The country has never been divided along political lines with radical groups like Antifa, and people
Like Maxine Waters telling Waco’s to attack Conservatives in public places and outside their homes.
This is were the left is now....well that and Biden saying" Poor kids are just as smart as white kids"....or "truth over facts"

Because,

I'm guessing that you may not be able to pick up on the satire of the movie.

Have you seen the movie yet ? I have not ! So it is difficult to say if I might or might not appreciate the satire? But in today’s charged atmosphere , I prefer to find my satire elsewhere in non violent entertainment !
From reading your posts, I take it that you would like to see More stringent gun control laws ?
How about also more stringent controls on speech , media, and forms of entertainment ?
If we are going to restrict gun owners’ constitutional rights.
Then should we also not restrict and limit violent forms of speech and entertainment ?
If the Liberals want to limit gun owners right, they should also be willing to limit things that they
Seem to favor !

Nothing new

“A most dangerous game”
“The Running Man”
“The Condemned”
“The Hunger Games”
“The purge”

The running man takes place in 2019 where there was a financial collapse which lead to a wide margin between rich and poor. People obsessed with reality tv and the media lies to everyone and is fake news.

Have you seen the movie yet ? I have not ! So it is difficult to say if I might or might not appreciate the satire? But in today’s charged atmosphere , I prefer to find my satire elsewhere in non violent entertainment !
From reading your posts, I take it that you would like to see More stringent gun control laws ?
How about also more stringent controls on speech , media, and forms of entertainment ?
Then should we also not restrict and limit violent forms of speech and entertainment ?
If the Liberals want to limit gun owners right, they should also be willing to limit things that they
Seem to favor !
Powerful!
Well said

Nothing new here
The "Last Supper"(not christain movie) had the same theme. I don't remember the year though Cameron Diaz stared in it.

The facts are the "deplorables" rule the country side the liberals rule the cities.
History shows time and again how this plays out.
The best part of the last supper was the very end.

However...

The very person who got the last laugh..
Ron Perlman....
is one of the biggest dick heads of all these spineless trendy clowns.

Seem to favor !

We already limit violent kinds of speech.

Isnt that what they tried to do with NWA?

That NWA song wasn't about violence.

6a00d8341c730253ef00e54f1f1eea8833-640wi.jpg

Reactions: South Bender
Reactions: 8th Man
We already limit violent kinds of speech.

Like “Pigs in Basket , Fry them Like Bacon !, “ “ Stab the ,.... in the heart “, like Maxine Waters rallying
Crowds to “ Get in their faces, in Restaurants, on the streets, outside their homes . “ ,
We are really doing a great job limiting violent kinds of speech !

Reactions: deadirishpoet
It was a joke.

I don't think NWA has caused a single cop to be shot. Unarmed citizens are much more likely to be shot and killed by the police than vice versa.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/national/police-shootings-2019/
That's not the point.
Hate speech was given a green light by the supreme court.
I have little issue with that or even the lyrics. NWA was pushing boundaries.
NDE stated though "We already limit violent kinds of speech."
I would think that line would fall into the "violent " category don't you think?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT