ADVERTISEMENT

OT RIP Scott Weiland

deadirishpoet

All Star
Jun 1, 2003
Big fan of his music and had the pleasure to meet him back stage. I was at a show in LA the day before the Irish played SC in 94,

We were near the stage, and the song Vasoline he kept looking our way ( I thought it was because we were cheering the loudest) After the song he looked back at us and said " Go Irish" in which the crowd cheered and booed .

Near the end of the show a guy came up and gave us sonecback stage passes and asked us if we wanted to meet the band. Of coarse we said yes.

When we meet them Scott came up said said "Go Irish" again and as he was shaking my hand I realized it was because he seen me and my brothers ND hat.

I was surprised to find out he was an ND fan and his step father was an ND grad. He was very knowledgeable about the history and how the Irish got scrwed out of the NC game in 93' . He and the band were great host

The game though no so great

RIP Scott

Having a lunatic stare at me while singing about Vasoline and then inviting
me backstage is not my idea of a swell time.

I understand you jarheads are invincible, but I don't think I would made it
back there to find out about the ND connection.

I thought it was a rather nice story. I think you owe Mr. DIP an apology.

Well played...

STP was one of the greatest bands of the 90's. I loved their music.

Big fan of his music and had the pleasure to meet him back stage. I was at a show in LA the day before the Irish played SC in 94,

We were near the stage, and the song Vasoline he kept looking our way ( I thought it was because we were cheering the loudest) After the song he looked back at us and said " Go Irish" in which the crowd cheered and booed .

Near the end of the show a guy came up and gave us sonecback stage passes and asked us if we wanted to meet the band. Of coarse we said yes.

When we meet them Scott came up said said "Go Irish" again and as he was shaking my hand I realized it was because he seen me and my brothers ND hat.

I was surprised to find out he was an ND fan and his step father was an ND grad. He was very knowledgeable about the history and how the Irish got scrwed out of the NC game in 93' . He and the band were great host

RIP Scott

Good story - thanks for sharing.

RIP Scott

Sad news. Cool story.

RIP Scott
Great story, DIP. Thanks for sharing.

I went to see The Zombies about a month ago in concert. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees for this year. Great great group from the 60s. Anyway, they were the original Zombies in all their glory. All of them. What's amazing is that they all have survived the rock and roll life style of the 60s and are still sounding terrific.

I went to see The Zombies about a month ago in concert. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees for this year. Great great group from the 60s. Anyway, they were the original Zombies in all their glory. All of them. What's amazing is that they all have survived the rock and roll life style of the 60s and are still sounding terrific.
As do Aerosmith

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT