ADVERTISEMENT

OT Major Applewhite fired

at Houston after an 8 win season, they did get embarrassed by Army allowing 70 points. Wow, even Houston has better standards than ND.
Bad comparison.

Houston won 8 games in a weak league and got lit up for 70 by a service academy.

ND won 12 and got beat by one of the two best teams in CF.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Bad comparison.

Houston won 8 games in a weak league and got lit up for 70 by a service academy.

ND won 12 and got beat by one of the two best teams in CF.
^
short memory? I think the comparison was with 4-8.

at Houston after an 8 win season, they did get embarrassed by Army allowing 70 points. Wow, even Houston has better standards than ND.
Is this a serious post? I'm sure if BK only won 8 games and got whipped by Army in a bowl he would be fired too. Your comparison is a huge fail bud.

Reactions: notredamerises23
^
short memory? I think the comparison was with 4-8.
Well, if you were around here after that season I said BK should have been fired. He wasn't but came back with 10-3 and 12-1 seasons. He's earned the right to stay.

So those of you that are on here dreaming about whom we can get as a new coach are merely spinning your wheels.

Does Brian Kelly have pictures of Swarbrick playing with some kids diddly or something ?

I'm tired of Brian Kelly's mediocrity. Good riddance.

Army putting 70 0n you in a bowl game with Houston is totally out of whack!

Well, if you were around here after that season I said BK should have been fired. He wasn't but came back with 10-3 and 12-1 seasons. He's earned the right to stay.

So those of you that are on here dreaming about whom we can get as a new coach are merely spinning your wheels.

And you were around yesterday, jmo, but ND cannot improve on the current staff.
This is a very well concieved and operational staff. Keep it together.

The Longhorns' impression of Major is that he rode their talent structure to many wins and wasn't too sharp on modern playcalling.

Army should have beat Oklahoma
and brings a lot back next year including their talented QB

9/9@ Michigan.

Look out Jimmy! Mark that on the calendar

This is the type of post you’d see from a troll and not someone with thousands of posts who’s been around for 12 years.

SMH.

Darn, 12 years and thousands of posts, should have wrote that novel instead.

I mean if getting beat by 30 points every New Years 6 Bowl is acceptable, than I guess I’m
out of touch. I remember the days when ND used to decline bowls that were not up to their standards. You tend to preform to the level that is acceptable and “just getting there” or “being in the conversation” is the standard, wow. I hope the students have higher standards in their academic pursuits.

22-4 since then.

The standard is national title or bust.

If there's one thing that is more clear to me than ever after another 15th ranked recruiting class and ANOTHER blowout loss to a real contender it's that ND is no closer to winning a national title right now than at any point in the last 20 years. And i seriously believe that.

When a coach's track record is so overwhelmingly mediocre at this point, the administration needs to move on and get someone in here who potentially has more upside, even if it means a couple of down years and some lost dollars trying to figure it out.

I feel like Nebraska during the Bo Pelini years .. it's 9-3 in perpetuity and maybe a lucky season where everything breaks right to break up the monotony once every 5 years. And then also the other way as well where everything breaks wrong and ND struggles to win half of their games any given year under Brian Kelly.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT