ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Administration

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
Dear Administration:
If you learned anything from this year concerning the current status of college football a clear message is being sent across the nation losing Bowen because of the deep pockets over there at Nike as well as Keon due to Bama`s NIL deals formulates times are changing. I understand ND has a certain level of principles it goes by, but the landscape of college football has changed. Bama pays a QB three million for his services, Texas A&M has a store bought team, I do not want to get into any conversation on what is going on at Oregon.
ND`s alumni base has more than enough power to match outrageous NIL deals being passed out left and right.
In addition, Lou Holtz was allocated partial qualifiers every year , but during the BK era those did not exsist or the newest rage referred to as the transfer portal where ND is restricted inn taking basically grad student while the the rest of the nation has a smorgasbord of talent available to them. Nobody is asking for ND to lower their standards just loosen up a little to make playing field a little bit more level .

Dear Administration:
If you learned anything from this year concerning the current status of college football a clear message is being sent across the nation losing Bowen because of the deep pockets over there at Nike as well as Keon due to Bama`s NIL deals formulates times are changing. I understand ND has a certain level of principles it goes by, but the landscape of college football has changed. Bama pays a QB three million for his services, Texas A&M has a store bought team, I do not want to get into any conversation on what is going on at Oregon.
ND`s alumni base has more than enough power to match outrageous NIL deals being passed out left and right.
In addition, Lou Holtz was allocated partial qualifiers every year , but during the BK era those did not exsist or the newest rage referred to as the transfer portal where ND is restricted inn taking basically grad student while the the rest of the nation has a smorgasbord of talent available to them. Nobody is asking for ND to lower their standards just loosen up a little to make playing field a little bit more level .
Yawn.

Sorry to the higher road folks, ND cares about one thing and one thing only, money. There will be no changes unless it impacts the bottom line, which it won’t bc fans like us will be there booing Charlie Weis and cheering during undefeated seasons. Either way, we’ll be in the stands and they’ll be getting rich.

Fans are free to go to the games, watch the team on television or not. There must be something leading them to due this.

Reactions: Airzee23
ND is on its way to 5-7/6-6 every season going forward. I’ve been stating it for weeks. It’s got nothing to do with MF and would’ve had nothing to do with BK.

A half empty stadium on game day is next. Nothing will change though.

Fans are free to go to the games, watch the team on television or not. There must be something leading them to due this.
I won’t go to another game until the product on the field gets more entertaining. Last game I went to was Cincinnati. Zero points at half time and pathetic effort. ND is just $camming at this point.

ND is on its way to 5-7/6-6 every season going forward. I’ve been stating it for weeks. It’s got nothing to do with MF and would’ve had nothing to do with BK.

Nonsense. We have the talent, and will continue to get talent, capable of regular 10-2 seasons, and playoff selection. Quality of QB’s will dictate whether we go undefeated and seriously compete for the NC. This class is damn good!

Dear Administration:
The issue isn't the money. The issue is using money to essentially buy recruits. This is against the NCAA rules and Notre Dame, Ohio's state, and Michigan among others are refusing to participate in buying recruits.

There is noise that the NCAA will have new rules in place by the end of next year, as such it's very possible this year is the last of the wild west buying recruits and might be why teams like Oregon are going all in. There are also massive reports of players NOT being paid what is promised to lure them to schools. There is no legal agreement between players and the boosters paying them. They can basically just not pay them after they sign nli if they want.

I won’t go to another game until the product on the field gets more entertaining. Last game I went to was Cincinnati. Zero points at half time and pathetic effort. ND is just $camming at this point.
First 15 words are the best news I have heard all day.

Reactions: Classic Irish
The issue isn't the money. The issue is using money to essentially buy recruits. This is against the NCAA rules and Notre Dame, Ohio's state, and Michigan among others are refusing to participate in buying recruits.

There is noise that the NCAA will have new rules in place by the end of next year, as such it's very possible this year is the last of the wild west buying recruits and might be why teams like Oregon are going all in. There are also massive reports of players NOT being paid what is promised to lure them to schools. There is no legal agreement between players and the boosters paying them. They can basically just not pay them after they sign nli if they want.
Agreed. The whole thing has been one giant CF from the very beginning and everybody knew it would be. There was zero prep/planning, and the NCAA has shown in other sports (basketball primarily) that they are toothless for the most part. The college game is simply a different animal these days, so we should accept it or move on. And I agree that we will continue to be a 9-3 to 10-2 program for the most part. QB or not, hard to honestly believe we can win a natty. But here's to all of us fans who will continue cheering on the Irish regardless.

Reactions: Kelso86
Dear Administration:
Notre Dame, like most schools, is struggling with how to best cope with NIL and the Transfer Portal

The issue isn't the money. The issue is using money to essentially buy recruits.

This is exactly it. The rules regarding NIL are pretty lax right now, and on top of that, there is no governing body to enforce the rules that do exist. With this background, some schools will blatantly pay players. ND is not going to go down this road, hopefully.

This is exactly it. The rules regarding NIL are pretty lax right now, and on top of that, there is no governing body to enforce the rules that do exist. With this background, some schools will blatantly pay players. ND is not going to go down this road, hopefully.
Right. And what appears to be happening is that players are being promised outrageous amounts of money, but then they end up never actually getting it. Kiffin said this on signing day last year. What isn't public is how much the players actually getting. Many on this board claim that ND is not a player in the NIL era. If that was true how did ND end up with 2 highly ranked WRs from Texas, a 5 star OT, 4 4 star DL, 2 4 star CBs, etc? A lot of other schools would love to have those guys as well. My point is, NIL has made a mess of things, but there's still a lot that we don't know.

This is why they promoted a governor to NCAA President. He will get Congress involved. This has got to be an anti-trust violation as well as non-profit status and Title IX. But I could be wrong.

Dear Administration:
Start a GoFundMe. How much are you donating?

Reactions: NDinNJ

Lol.

Agree with SJB, I dont want to be half empty here. We signed top players at ever spot we needed. We went to the portal and grabbed people we needed. There will be more after spring.

The best of all is this coach and his approach. The fact that he stated "we have to go evaluate when we landed X and why we lost Y'. That is how you win in sports, business and life. Go deep, dont be afraid to cast blame, dont get defensive. Find out what exactly happened and fix it. Fix it by not targeting those types, offering something different or finding a new approach.

This was an OUTSTANDING CLASS and helps ND in every way. Players looking for something we dont have just leave. The two we lost were not really needed. We signed an amazing RB and we are loaded in the back half. Go shop the portal for a safety spot. Hats off to MF and staff.....just build!

Yeah struggling with a top 10 recruiting class and the best since 2013

Oh the struggle
You’re a moron who totally lacks reading comprehension skills !

ND’s administration and Athletic Department are struggling with how to resolve the dilemma presented by NIL and the Transfer Portal.

That’s a fact !

ND’s administration and Athletic Department are struggling with how to resolve the dilemma presented by NIL and the Transfer Portal.

That’s a fact !
200w.gif

That’s a fact !
Yep. Struggling with a top 10 class and the best since 2013. The struggle

Reactions: hvillebill

That’s a fact !
Some of these kids want more and more money. Where does it all end? Would you be happy if ND paid big money just to keep some 5-star?

Is $3 million too much? Maybe $5 million? What's the ceiling? Is it just going to be who wants to be the highest bidder before they even see the field? This is already getting way out of control and I promise you the NCAA will have to address it at some point in the near future.

Let the SEC teams, Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon and the SCs of the world waste way too much money on kids that don't see their potential at the college level, and then their teammates are jealous and there's plenty of drama in the locker room and the field itself because of it.

Some of these kids want more and more money. Where does it all end? Would you be happy if ND paid big money just to keep some 5-star?

Is $3 million too much? Maybe $5 million? What's the ceiling? Is it just going to be who wants to be the highest bidder before they even see the field? This is already getting way out of control and I promise you the NCAA will have to address it at some point in the near future.

Let the SEC teams, Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon and the SCs of the world waste way too much money on kids that don't see their potential at the college level, and then their teammates are jealous and there's plenty of drama in the locker room and the field itself because of it.
Totally agree !

NIL was established in a ruling by SCOTUS, but the transfer portal and the removal of the one year buffer was the NCAA’s doing.

Has anyone asked the NCAA to review the TP issue ?
Has the NCAA made any contemporaneous comment on the TP ?

There is nothing to keep these kids from getting millions and then moving to the highest bidder the next season. No rules,no boundaries and certainly no morals or ethics by players or parents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT