ADVERTISEMENT

OT; Lost a friend and former Colleague, End of watch.

kwsusmc

All Star
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2005
A friend and coworker lost his battle this week. He was shot in the line of duty 20 years ago. Paralyzed from the chest down. His clock was ticking down from that day. He coded several times that night, following days, but pulled through to watch his children graduate and get married.
He is now policing Heavens Streets. God bless you Lt Palmer. May God ease your loved ones suffering.

Some here may not like, trust or care for the Police. However in my career, this is the 4th Officer I know killed in the line of duty. I know several more severely wounded. One shot in the head, she had to learn everything again. Talk, walk, read, dress and even eat.

Several others who couldn't live with the demons of the job. One officer who was holding at gun point a armed suspect, on his porch, a husband/Dad after a domestic disturbance. The officer tried to talk him down, disarm. The suspect ran back into the house, barricaded himself, his wife and two young children. Tragically he murdered his family before killing himself. The officer after months of torment ended his own suffering the only way he thought he could escape it, by his own hand. Leaving behind his own wife and children.

Sorry for the rant.... I needed to vent. Please feel free to delete if need be.

God bless our first responders and ease the things they see and do from their minds eye.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News