ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Franco Harris died

Not to be crass by why is there a thread on this here?

There have been sadly all too many great players dying in the last year or so but unless there is some connection with Notre Dame I question why a thread is here.

There have been sadly all too many great players dying in the last year or so but unless there is some connection with Notre Dame I question why a thread is here.
Personally, I appreciate OFF TOPIC posts that share info about great players passing. I had not heard or read about this before seeing this post. I like OT posts as each of us can decide based on the subject whether we’re interested enough to open.

OT threads take a break from the monotony of everyday topics. Franco was one of the great NFL players, but more importantly, was a very good human being. It is sad that he passed, especially when they were going to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the "Immaculate Reception" in Pittsburgh this weekend.

You always have the option to just by pass the thread as well.

I don't think Franco needs a ND connection to celebrate him here, but the Immaculate Reception happened during the AFC championship game between the Steelers and the Raiders. The starting QB for that Raider team was none other than Daryle Pasquale Lamonica. I believe he was ND Class of 1962.

I don't think Franco needs a ND connection to celebrate him here, but the Immaculate Reception happened during the AFC championship game between the Steelers and the Raiders. The starting QB for that Raider team was none other than Daryle Pasquale Lamonica. I believe he was ND Class of 1962.
There you go, there's your ND connection. Problem solved.....

Personally, I appreciate OFF TOPIC posts that share info about great players passing. I had not heard or read about this before seeing this post. I like OT posts as each of us can decide based on the subject whether we’re interested enough to open.
Lame
And Why is some of the past ND greats not mentioned here when they have died?
Pathetic excuse

Clutter up some other board with meaningless posts then

Don't read it then.

Easy enough to skip, no?

Reactions: Kelso86
Huh?

He shared a backfield with Rocky Bleier and Terry Hanratty

Reactions: Kelso86

I wonder why you took the time to 1 open the thread and 2 post a comment?

Rocky Bleier, of course! Maybe he threw a critical block on that famous play, the immaculate reception....

And it is a pretty frckin' great play in sports history, there's no denying that much.

He farted in the locker room and a couple former ND players could smell it!

Reactions: Airzee23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT