ADVERTISEMENT

OT: For those wondering what happened to Landen Bartleson

fedman

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2002

Remember Landen Bartleson the cornerback that signed with Notre Dame in the 2020 recruiting class from Kentucky? Folks were real excited about the kid until he was caught robbing a gun store and trying to sell the weapons. Notre Dame of course pulled his scholarship.

It looks like the kid got damned lucky. According to the linked website above, Bartleson avoided any prison time by being allowed to enter into a Pretrial Diversion program. He will be in the program for 5 years. I have listed below the rules of the Kentucky Pre-trial Diversion program that he has to follow. Pretty strict, but a hell of a lot better than going to prison.
Also if you complete the program, the conviction will be removed from your records.

• If you are convicted for any other crimes during the Pretrial Diversion then the prison time avoided by this deal will be added onto any prison time for the subsequent violation.
  • You have to obey all the rules and regulations imposed by your local Probation and Parole Office.
  • Possession of a firearm or any other deadly weapon is prohibited until you have completed your Pretrial Diversion.
  • You must remain drug and alcohol free during your Pretrial Diversion. You are subject to random drug testing that is generally conducted by your local Parole and Probation Office. (The fee for this in Kentucky is usually ten dollars a month as of 2014. Most Probation and Parole Offices require it to be paid with a money order).
  • If the felony you are receiving Pretrial Diversion for resulted in an economic loss of any kind to a victim. Then you have to make restitution to the victim so they can recover any money that they have lost.
I hope the kid realizes what a stupid mistake he made and what a great opportunity that has been given to him with this Pretrial Diversion program. I hope that he is smart enough to keep his nose clean for the 5 years he will be in the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News