ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Chris Peterson not happy with ND!

Kelso86

All Star
Sep 3, 2003
Apparently, only he is allowed to recruit players who have verbally committed to other schools.

https://247sports.com/Article/Notre...ton-coach-Chris-Petersen-not-happy-126677269/

"If a kid is undecided and you're recruiting him until the end, that's one thing," Petersen said. "But guys that have been committed...why would this school be reaching out? It's just kind of makes me shake my head, because it puts a lot of pressure on these kids that already have pressure on them anyway. That's not the way I think it should work."

I guess he forgets about the ones he flipped while they were committed to another school.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Apparently, only he is allowed to recruit players who have verbally committed to other schools.

https://247sports.com/Article/Notre...ton-coach-Chris-Petersen-not-happy-126677269/

"If a kid is undecided and you're recruiting him until the end, that's one thing," Petersen said. "But guys that have been committed...why would this school be reaching out? It's just kind of makes me shake my head, because it puts a lot of pressure on these kids that already have pressure on them anyway. That's not the way I think it should work."

I guess he forgets about the ones he flipped while they were committed to another school.
Seems kind of out of character for him.

What a bitch. It’s because you coach for a shitty team and ND is the shit. ND is a destination. ND is a place that stands out. Washington is not.

All the kid has to tell the recruiter is " please don't call me anymore " and it's over.

lol what? if a coach goes away after a simple request like that then he's not doing his job correctly in today's recruiting landscape.

if a kid asks you not to call then you call his family or you text or email or send him postcards or park the team truck in front of his house or contact him through every other medium that exists

since we can't just write these super talented kids a check (despite them producing billions of dollars in value collectively) we harass them for 2 years instead.

Last edited:
All the kid has to tell the recruiter is " please don't call me anymore " and it's over.

yeah I know from lower level recruiting that doesn't work at all .... Nate told the Georgetown coach that he caught him in a lie and wasn't remotely interested in playing for him and the dude still probably called 30 more times ....

Reactions: echowaker
lol what? if a coach goes away after a simple request like that then he's not doing his job correctly in today's recruiting landscape.

if a kid asks you not to call then you call his family or you text or email or send him postcards or park the team truck in front of his house or contact him through every other medium that exists

since we can't just write these super talented kids a check (despite them producing billions of dollars in value collectively) we harass them for 2 years instead.
now some would think this is sarcasm but your post record indicates you are completely serious

pretty sad comment on you

Reminds me of the car dealer who told me “how dare you shop around” after I spent all that time with you test driving.

My response was “sir please stop you are embarrassing yourself”

I think we should send you to a kids house to close the deal

what's funny about this is that husky fans on some husky boards are freaking out about possibly losing this guy to our irish while cursing our irish and the kid isn't even a top 30 rated player in the state of California. you know recruiting isn't going well for a school when fans are going apes about possibly losing a 3 star kid not even ranked in the top thirty in his own state

Reactions: SIhoosier26
what's funny about this is that husky fans on some husky boards are freaking out about possibly losing this guy to our irish while cursing our irish and the kid isn't even a top 30 rated player in the state of California. you know recruiting isn't going well for a school when fans are going apes about possibly losing a 3 star kid not even ranked in the top thirty in his own state

247 has him as #24 in California, which isn't bad considering that they have 58 4* recruits in California... I haven't seen anyone rank him as a 3 star - he's a consensus 4 *... some have him higher or lower, but 247 has him as the #187 player in the country...

maybe Washington is pissed because they felt like they locked up a steal, and then ND said, "not so fast, my friend"... ND's staff seems to be going out of their way to get this kid in what is basically already a full class - they must see something they really like...

Then you haven't been there------Seattle is a nice place to go to school and UDub is an excellent school.

agreed .. the entirety of the pacific northwest is pretty cool (especially for liberal college age kids) .. im surprised it took this long for Oregon (with their free 24/7 nike advertising) to really start pulling in big time recruiting classes there

Last edited:
Then you haven't been there------Seattle is a nice place to go to school and UDub is an excellent school.
Agree to disagree, all it does is rain, not close to California or Florida, New York, or even South Carolina. Not my cup of tea I guess.

Last edited:
What if the kid had requested to have his decision respected as final, would you feel different about Peterson’s displeasure?

When the weather is nice it's spectacular, Ranier to the southeast, , north cascades and san juans, Olympics. It's a special place and the city has a lot to offer with some of the leading tech firms in the world for employment opportunities. SB is a pimple on Seattle's ass.

agreed .. the entirety of the pacific northwest is pretty cool (especially for liberal college age kids) .. im surprised it took this long for Oregon (with their free 24/7 nike advertising) to really start pulling in big time recruiting classes there
I don't think Eugene has much on South Bend in terms of "diversity profile."

One of their writers, Ruth Robbins i think is her name, wrote on twitter defending him saying "he's just calling out creepy recruiting cheaters. If you arent a creepy cheater you wouldnt be offended". I called her out and said clearly you're saying ND cheated in some way. I'm curious what recruiting rule or rules they broke?" She responded "I didnt call anyone anything. Why are you taking this so personal?"
I wanted to let it go but couldnt. I said, "Really, you just 1 tweet previously said he was calling out cheaters, what rule was ND breaking? B/c in an ideal world I agree w/ him but thats not reality." She never responded.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT