ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Business Insider rates top 20 college campuses

College TOWNs not college CAMPUSes.

ND is in South Bend ... not a great college town by any stretch.

If they ranked the campuses, no doubt ND would be on it, and up near the top.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
College TOWNs not college CAMPUSes.

ND is in South Bend ... not a great college town by any stretch.

If they ranked the campuses, no doubt ND would be on it, and up near the top.

Yeah, that's an important distinction.

Boulder, Colorado won the top spot. Hard to argue. Beautiful, fun town.

Lived in Boulder for a while and that is very deserving. Not sure who spent time in College Station, TX and rated that as a top 20:(

Lived in Boulder for 20 years and I am now in Seattle. Two great towns but I prefer Boulder because of all the traffic in the Seattle area. Go Irish

No, not really. Until South Bend changes, ND will never be in a top college town.

If ND's campus was not listed among the top, then yes I'd be disappointed.
University of Texas got royally screwed by that article. Austin's population exceeds the limit, but it offers a cornucopia of entertainment options and the campus is beautiful, although the spectre of the tower might be foreboding to some.

Yes I did. Are you angry that ND wasn't cited?

Not at all. South Bend is a terrible college town. The article is about town's not the campuses.

When a campus article comes out I'm guessing ND will easily make the top-20.

You posted fake news.

Not at all. South Bend is a terrible college town. The article is about town's not the campuses.

When a campus article comes out I'm guessing ND will easily make the top-20.

You posted fake news.
No fake news, just poor perception by you The article focused on the environment embodying a university, and hairsplitting distinctions illustrates your desperation.

Let's agree that the campus life as enhanced by the surrounding amenities of South Bend doesn't make Notre Dame seems very desirable.

No fake news, just poor perception by you The article focused on the environment embodying a university, and hairsplitting distinctions illustrates your desperation.

Let's agree that the campus life as enhanced by the surrounding amenities of South Bend doesn't make Notre Dame seems very desirable.
Which for some reason doesn't keep us from getting 10 applications for each freshman spot, or something like that.

Which for some reason doesn't keep us from getting 10 applications for each freshman spot, or something like that.
Whatever. The academic excellence of the school and distinctive status of it as a Catholic institution were never in question. Why not just take the report for what it purports to cover?

Sorry but any list that has Lafayette and Champaign on it loses all credibility.
I totally agree with you. I only live about 30 min away from Lafayette and it is one of the worst college towns that I've been to. rival fans laugh at South Bend on other boards but it can't be any worse than Lafayette in my opinion

Think your college experience depends on you no matter what town or state you find yourself residing in. If you want to enjoy your college life you'll find ways if you want to be a stick in the mud then you won't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT