ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Alabama (football) agrees to record deal with GM Courtney Morgan

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007

They are paying their GM almost $1M per season for 3 seasons in the growing "GM/front office" space in college football.

I wonder if ND is spending this kind of money (or anywhere close to it) to bring in front office personnel to compete at the highest level of college football?

They are paying their GM almost $1M per season for 3 seasons in the growing "GM/front office" space in college football.

I wonder if ND is spending this kind of money (or anywhere close to it) to bring in front office personnel to compete at the highest level of college football?
Yes. Chad is one of the best in the business and compensated accordingly.

chase his balls is the troll of trolls here
and he is proud of it

I don't always agree with Chase, and often think he is more doom/gloom vs beam of light, but what he posted here is factual and worthy of discussing.

Sports Agents are about to make a killing on college football over the next 5 - 10 yrs. A good one would focus on market value, degree value, geography, social scene, which credits transfer, depth chart, coaching pedigree, coaching turnover, etc. And be a one-stop shop for high school athletes. A "somewhat" unbiased opinion on where to go, just data driven information and based on the recruits best interest. That relationship will be there for the following year transfer options too. Sports Agent would have the chance to sign 4 contracts on each high school kid, maybe 5 if they red-shirt or get injured.

I don't always agree with Chase, and often think he is more doom/gloom vs beam of light, but what he posted here is factual and worthy of discussing.

Sports Agents are about to make a killing on college football over the next 5 - 10 yrs. A good one would focus on market value, degree value, geography, social scene, which credits transfer, depth chart, coaching pedigree, coaching turnover, etc. And be a one-stop shop for high school athletes. A "somewhat" unbiased opinion on where to go, just data driven information and based on the recruits best interest. That relationship will be there for the following year transfer options too. Sports Agent would have the chance to sign 4 contracts on each high school kid, maybe 5 if they red-shirt or get injured.
Huh

We have one of the highest paid GMs in cfb

But ND has arguably the best in the business right now. If he chose to leave he'd have his pick of jobs.

Except his assertion is wrong. We have some of the highest paid coaches, front office , and staff in CFB

Except his assertion is wrong. We have some of the highest paid coaches, front office , and staff in CFB
Perhaps I read his post incorrectly. I thought he questioned if we are paying our GM enough and if we have the amount of staff needed to compete with the very elite.

I have no idea how much our GM is earning. And I just recently watched an interview (forget where) discussing the amount of office personnel at ND vs Alabama/Georgia. I'm not surprised on the personnel/staff amounts at Alabama as they have been doing that for a decade or more. I don't expect ND to be a football factory like the two schools I mentioned. Simply pointing out the topic Chaseballs brought to the table is worth discussing. If it's not worth discussing, I'm not sure it's sooooo poor that it deserves condemnation.

Sometimes I think his handle is a reflection of the intention in his posts. To throw a post (ball) out and watch everyone chase it.

Perhaps I read his post incorrectly. I thought he questioned if we are paying our GM enough and if we have the amount of staff needed to compete with the very elite.

I have no idea how much our GM is earning. And I just recently watched an interview (forget where) discussing the amount of office personnel at ND vs Alabama/Georgia. I'm not surprised on the personnel/staff amounts at Alabama as they have been doing that for a decade or more. I don't expect ND to be a football factory like the two schools I mentioned. Simply pointing out the topic Chaseballs brought to the table is worth discussing. If it's not worth discussing, I'm not sure it's sooooo poor that it deserves condemnation.

Sometimes I think his handle is a reflection of the intention in his posts. To throw a post (ball) out and watch everyone chase it.
Yes he enjoys posting fake info

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT