ADVERTISEMENT

OT Adam Coon Beats Kyle Snyder

Was an upset for sure....the biggest in five years? That seems dramatic. Coon was #2, undefeated two time All-American that had 50 pounds on Snyder.

I heard on Golic's show this morning that these two will most likely meet again at least once and maybe twice before it's over this year.

Snyder looked tired from the start. Juggling international competitions and college might be wearing him down. Have no doubt he will beat him at Big tens and NCAA’s

Snyder is amazing and technically still the best in the world.....That having been said, I just don't know see how he is going to overcome such a huge size difference.

While it is true that the Buckeye has beaten large guys before, I can't recall him being someone who is as big (a full 285) and agile as Coon.

The truth is that a part of me thinks that Snyder's best bet of breaking the "Big Man Curse" (no DI heavyweight was won three national titles since Haselrig won both DI and DII three straight years) is for Coon to perhaps get upset in an earlier round.

I look at a guy like Oregon State's Dhesi, who in the past has shown he can beat Coon in free as one of the possible spoilers.

I was at Hofstra when he was coaching us, so it goes without saying that I am a big Tom Ryan guy; so nothing would make me happier than to see Captain America on the top step of the podium next month....But that is going to be a challenge as soon as Coon is on the opposite side.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Snyder is amazing and technically still the best in the world.....That having been said, I just don't know see how he is going to overcome such a huge size difference.

While it is true that the Buckeye has beaten large guys before, I can't recall him being someone who is as big (a full 285) and agile as Coon.

The truth is that a part of me thinks that Snyder's best bet of breaking the "Big Man Curse" (no DI heavyweight was won three national titles since Haselrig won both DI and DII three straight years) is for Coon to perhaps get upset in an earlier round.

I look at a guy like Oregon State's Dhesi, who in the past has shown he can beat Coon in free as one of the possible spoilers.

I was at Hofstra when he was coaching us, so it goes without saying that I am a big Tom Ryan guy; so nothing would make me happier than to see Captain America on the top step of the podium next month....But that is going to be a challenge as soon as Coon is on the opposite side.
He beat Abdulrashid Sadulaev. In 2016 I think he'll do just fine

He was the one who had the size advantage in that win over the Russian....

This is not a question of who the better wrestler is, pound-for-pound....It's a pure size concern.

Snyder is going to get his shots...What remains unproven is whether or not Coon might just be too much of a horse for Kyle to finish them consistently.

For a usually offense-minded wrestler like Snyder, if there was ever a time to incorporate more of a "pick your moments" mentality, it is this match-up.....Coon is the wrong guy to be stuck underneath. He is going to be able to power his way for a go-behind more times than not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT