ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A new furry member of my family

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Last summer, I adopted a kitten. Our friends were building a house and heard a faint meow. They looked for a few days but couldn't find a cat. Soon enough, they found that it was living in a wall. They believe it its mother and siblings but had fallen and was stuck in the wall. They tore open the wall, took the cat out, and two days later, we adopted it.

Well, that same kitten's mom had another litter near and has been roaming around my friend's house again. They fostered the four kittens for the past week and took the mom to get fixed (thank goodness). My friends asked if we wanted to adopt another cat. I didn't want to, even if it was my current one-year old cat's brother. I already have two cats. That is enough. I grew up with dogs. Now I'm a cat guy? Come on.

I was mowing my lawn on Friday and remembered a phone call with Lou last summer. He told me he read the board post from last year where I mentioned my adopted kitten, and he was so proud of me. I can remember exactly what he said - "Wow Mike, that is such a neat thing you did."

Lou loved animals so much. So as I mowed my weed garden of a backyard, I decided that I would adopt the new kitten, and I couldn't be happier.

Meet Louis Monticello Singer.

IMG_9246.JPG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News