ADVERTISEMENT

Only 2 possibilities. 1- screw up 2- change of heart

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
It’s simple. Yet it’s not.

I find it very hard to believe in possibility 1.

I find it likely possibility 2 happened

But I guess we may never know

Option 1 is a bungle of massive proportions. It assumes we brought Ludwig in and someone - maybe Powlus, maybe someone else , screwed up on the buy out terms. Or that despite a public display of blessing Ludwig, jack n woke balked on money People screw up all the time but This is beyond comprehension It’s absurd. Yes it can be true. But damn I can’t allow my view of my team be destroyed by this premise. It’s baaad

Option 2 tells me we crossed all the T’s and got a commitment handshake from Ludwig and then came the hockey game. Ludwig goes home for Super Bowl Sunday n wife n friends n Kyle W say “you are gonna leave Utah? Really?” And after retrospection, Ludwig is an Utah guy with Utah roots.
This makes more sense

I have grappled with this. I can’t believe we are option 1 “beyond stupid”. So I choose door number 2

Option 1 is a bungle of massive proportions. It assumes we brought Ludwig in and someone - maybe Powlus, maybe someone else , screwed up on the buy out terms. Or that despite a public display of blessing Ludwig, jack n woke balked on money People screw up all the time but This is beyond comprehension It’s absurd. Yes it can be true. But damn I can’t allow my view of my team be destroyed by this premise. It’s baaad

Option 2 tells me we crossed all the T’s and got a commitment handshake from Ludwig and then came the hockey game. Ludwig goes home for Super Bowl Sunday n wife n friends n Kyle W say “you are gonna leave Utah? Really?” And after retrospection, Ludwig is an Utah guy with Utah roots.
This makes more sense

I have grappled with this. I can’t believe we are option 1 “beyond stupid”. So I choose door number 2
2 is incorrect. He hadnt even had his formal on campus interview before the hockey game. He had on phone interviews. Then he came in that day and went to the hockey game. His formal interview came the next day.

So your number 2 is missing facts

It is option 1 but people for some reason have a failure to believe how bad this was bungled. Even when everyone is telling you so. Including Tom Mendoza. Including national guys like PeteThamel. And all the ND sites that do this on the daily

2 is incorrect. He hadnt even had his formal on campus interview before the hockey game. He had on phone interviews. Then he came in that day and went to the hockey game. His formal interview came the next day.

So your number 2 is missing facts

It is option 1 but people for some reason have a failure to believe how bad this was bungled. Even when everyone is telling you so. Including Tom Mendoza. Including national guys like PeteThamel. And all the ND sites that do this on the daily
So then if he attends hockey game before interview that throws out the argument that it was a public statement that he was the one freeman wanted because he had not interviewed yet. Does not make sense.
And then the interview was what, a discovery that he had a buyout?

I get that Mendoza and others say it was bungled. So yes my option 2 does not fly and I have to accept we are idiots But your premise about the chronology of hockey game n interview is like a cherry on top of the screw up. Crazy

So then if he attends hockey game before interview that throws out the argument that it was a public statement that he was the one freeman wanted because he had not interviewed yet. Does not make sense.
And then the interview was what, a discovery that he had a buyout?

I get that Mendoza and others say it was bungled. So yes my option 2 does not fly and I have to accept we are idiots But your premise about the chronology of hockey game n interview is like a cherry on top of the screw up. Crazy
This was their top choice from the get go.

Yeah. ... why do you think everyone is dashing this is a PR nightmare

Terrible look

This makes more sense

I would be of the opinion it is a combination of both options --

This makes more sense

ski: the makes sense part is the part that makes sense. go with it!

Reactions: theskibro
This was their top choice from the get go.

Yeah. ... why do you think everyone is dashing this is a PR nightmare

Terrible look
"Terrible look"

Maybe, maybe not -- we will be able to judge by the results in the fall.

If they (ND) come out guns a-blazin, play inspired football, and have a quality year, most of this will be forgotten.

If not, then the nay-sayers will be out in full bloom.

Perhaps Ludwig had a change of heart after seeing the admin's headless chicken dance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT