Offensive Coordinator / Associate HC / WR: Tony Alford
RB: Autry Denson
OL: Harry Hiestand
Recruiting Coordinator / TE: Mike Elston

Special Teams: Brian Polian

Defensive Coordinator / DL: Mike Elko
CB's: Todd Lyght
LB: Clark Lea

I know it appears that I've taken up smoking crack, but the sad reality is that ND could actually have that staff in 2017 if Kelly wasn't so stubborn and the administration was willing to spend the neccessary cash to have Helfrich and Alford paid what it takes.

Imagine for a second, Kelly getting out of everyone's way and letting them do their jobs. Two highly successful coordinators in Helfrich and Elko, both young (43 and 39) and innovative. And that recruiting staff! Polian and Helfrich in California and on the West Coast. Denson and Alford in Florida, Georgia and Louisiana, Elston in the Carolinas, Virginia and Pennsylvania. Lyght in Texas, Arizona, Nevada, etc, etc and BrIan Kelly personally recruiting the Midwest 0, with help from Lea and Hiestand.

What a shame.

Reactions: Kelso86
Head Coach: Brian Kelly
Offensive Coordinator (playcaller) / QB's: Mark Helfrich

I know it appears that I've taken up smoking crack, but the sad reality is that ND could actually have that staff in 2017 if Kelly wasn't so stubborn and the administration was willing to spend the neccessary cash to have Helfrich and Alford paid what it takes.

Imagine for a second, Kelly getting out of everyone's way and letting them do their jobs. Two highly successful coordinators in Helfrich and Elko, both young (43 and 39) and innovative. And that recruiting staff! Polian and Helfrich in California and on the West Coast. Denson and Alford in Florida, Georgia and Louisiana, Elston in the Carolinas, Virginia and Pennsylvania. Lyght in Texas, Arizona, Nevada, etc, etc and BrIan Kelly personally recruiting the Midwest 0, with help from Lea and Hiestand.

What a shame.
I've seen that movie.

Its called Tangled.

What a shame.

Looks good, except for your top line.

Reactions: MTIrish98

What a shame.
What makes you think money has anything to do with these hires, or non-hires?

Why not seriously go after Tim Brown as the WR coach. If he is interested of course. BK is going to call the offense with Quinn as his eye in the booth. Quinn in and Denbrock out. Recruits and families would love for a Tim Brown to recruit . might be a fantasy but these fantasies don't get me in trouble with the wife.

No way Helfrich would work for Kelly. This isn't a shot at Kelly but the reality his Kelly has been and always will be the OC. Even if Kelly said he'd hand it all to Helfrich you have to believe Helfrich would question if Kelly really would (or could) do such a thing.

Why would Alford leave a team that is continuously in the playoffs for the exact same job at a the school he left.

I don't see either going to ND because they know Kelly will always run the offense.

IIO, I disagree in part. A recruiting dream team for sure, but a potential coaching nightmare. Suggesting Kelly and Alford and Helfrich collectively coordinate the offense just repeats the too many cooks in the kitchen fiasco we experienced between Kelly and Denbrock and Sanford. We've suffered two seasons too many where any success was attributed to Sanford, any blame attributed to Kelly, while Denbrock was the invisible teflon man. Much prefer a cleaner line of authority and accountability. We clearly need an OC to carry out all the weekly responsibilities this entails, but one willing to concede play calling to Kelly. We clearly need a QB coach who can dedicate the time necessary to develop Wimbush and Brook, while serving as a buffer between them and Kelly. And we clearly need a receivers coach to fill the void created by Denbrock leaving. Tony and Mark and Quinn could each fill some part, but not collaborative or equal parts.

Boy, the offensive brain trust has been gutted. I read Hansen's rather negative take on Dembrock's dismissal and he pointed out that the last two years (yes, even 2016 when you remove the hurricane game) have been the most productive under Kelly.

I wonder what losing Stanford and Dembrock will mean to our offense in 2017. I hope Kelly can make moves like the ones IIO proposes (or something with equal impact.)

Offensive Coordinator (playcaller) / QB's: Chip Long
Offensive Coordinator / Associate HC / WR: ?????

Boy, the offensive brain trust has been gutted. I read Hansen's rather negative take on Dembrock's dismissal and he pointed out that the last two years (yes, even 2016 when you remove the hurricane game) have been the most productive under Kelly.

I wonder what losing Stanford and Dembrock will mean to our offense in 2017. I hope Kelly can make moves like the ones IIO proposes (or something with equal impact.)

That still does not correct the main problem

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT