ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St 20 Million Dollar Roster

This is the beahvior that males college football less interesting. Glad Notre Dame not switching to this model too strongly.

Reactions: McCallen ND NYC
This is the beahvior that males college football less interesting. Glad Notre Dame not switching to this model too strongly.
While I agree, decisions are going to have to be made by schools... are you in or are you out???

I guess they spent a lot of it on keeping players, so they don't turn pro. And the rest was spent on old boy from K-State. He's alright, but we definitely got the better QB in Leonard. And they got that RB from Ole Miss. He's definitely pretty badass. That was a good free agent pickup.

I guess they spent a lot of it on keeping players, so they don't turn pro. And the rest was spent on old boy from K-State. He's alright, but we definitely got the better QB in Leonard. And they got that RB from Ole Miss. He's definitely pretty badass. That was a good free agent pickup.
So far Ryan Day has been John Cooper V 2.0

Everyone seems to think tOSU's roster is totally awesome. Just talent up and down the board! I guess so, except at QB, almost the only position that matters. Where Will Howard just does not seem that great to me. Nor does his backup, nor is the 3rd stringer, another high profile transfer and future bust Julian Sayin who I have no idea how he got to be considered so elite. He reminds me very much of JT Daniels, and I don't even know if he'll be that good. They should have gone after Riley Leonard, and made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

So then you are also okay with Notre Dame not being competitive at the highest level of college football then? I guess that wouldn't be that surprising Notre Dame fans seem to be happy with not being competitive at the highest level of the sport these days

Everyone seems to think tOSU's roster is totally awesome. Just talent up and down the board! I guess so, except at QB, almost the only position that matters. Where Will Howard just does not seem that great to me. Nor does his backup, nor is the 3rd stringer, another high profile transfer and future bust Julian Sayin who I have no idea how he got to be considered so elite. He reminds me very much of JT Daniels, and I don't even know if he'll be that good. They should have gone after Riley Leonard, and made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
There's a lot of different ways to skin a cat. You don't need great QB play when the rest of your roster is stacked 2 deep.

I think Zack Day is a mediocre coach though which is that program's biggest problem right now

There's a lot of different ways to skin a cat. You don't need great QB play when the rest of your roster is stacked 2 deep.

I think Zack Day is a mediocre coach though which is that program's biggest problem right now
Their offensive line room is far from being " stacked ". The ND o line room is far superior. Not even remotely close.

Your right, Zack Day is their biggest problem.

• Haha
Reactions: chaseball
Your right, Zack Day is their biggest problem.
Zach Day probably hasn't pitched a major league game in years and was only ever an innings eating journeyman in his career somehow I got his name burned into my memory 😂

Reactions: echowaker
So then you are also okay with Notre Dame not being competitive at the highest level of college football then? I guess that wouldn't be that surprising Notre Dame fans seem to be happy with not being competitive at the highest level of the sport these days

It is more a metter of rather maintaining appropriate ethics. Maintaining the priorities of an educational institution is more important than skirting such issues to gather a rather unimportant goal. Qinning a champonship does little to advance society compared to the education achieved by the number of graduates of the school. Clearly NIL issues are important to validate the role of the athletes, but not to the lessening of ethics that are following. Even HS players are losing sensibilities relative to the merit of selecting a school when so far will actually achieve much in their porting career.

Reactions: Classic Irish
Not happy that they are the best semi-pro football team in America? I can live with that...and yes, have been living with it for a while...

If you had your way ND would spend $100 million and buy all the best players.

That's not the way to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT