ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official: UMASS vs. ND prediction thread

MTIrish98

Posts Like A Champion
Mar 28, 2011
Montana
Could this be a let down game? I'll predict that it might be more frustrating than we'd all appreciate, but the young guys will still get plenty of snaps.

UMASS -- 16
ND -- 41

Taking my 4th grade daughter to ND for the first time, so I'll wave at you from the stands!

Go Irish.

I think UMass puts as many as 20 on the board. I think they will sell out from the run early, and will have north of 40 passing attempts.

What I really want to see is Wimbush in the game, which means a 17+ point lead late, and control of both sides.

If ND has a 'give away' game this is it. Even BC is turning out to be better than expected.

Fuller 3 TD's
Finally see Robinson get some yards
Either Williams or Adams will have a rushing TD

Final score:
ND - 42
UMass - 21

Reactions: Bodizephax
ND 26
UMass 10

I think it will be close in the first half with maybe even UMass tied or in the lead then ND will beat them in the second half.

I really don't know much about UMass. If the Irish are able to run and control the line of scrimmage I think they will win big. If they struggle like they did at UV, it could be a game that goes into the 4th quarter. With that said , I think the defense sets the tone, the run game gets rolling and the Irish win 42 to 10.

Could this be a let down game? I'll predict that it might be more frustrating than we'd all appreciate, but the young guys will still get plenty of snaps.

UMASS -- 16
ND -- 41

Taking my 4th grade daughter to ND for the first time, so I'll wave at you from the stands!

Go Irish.
Nice MT, All my kids had to be 12 before I took them. Now they are 29, 25 and 19, and I take them all every year. Priceless!

59 to 10... no let down, full on blitzkrieg in preparation for Clemson. If you was particulars:

2 TDS for Fuller,
2 TDS for Prosise
1 for Jones
1 for Kizer
1 for Adams
1 for Hunter
1 FG for Yoon

Kizer 24-31 315 yds. 4 TDS
Defense gets 3 turnovers

Hope that helps.

not a blowout...but a professional win. look for the defense to try to be perfect. but just fall short

ND 28-3

I want to see the team come out with the fire and attitude that they displayed last week. You could tell at the pep rally how focused and ready they were for the GT game and then they played that way. This is the next game so play this one, not the last one, and definitely not the next one. Make the sight corrections that plagued them at UVA and I have confidence in a 42 -14 win. One CJ punt return and one interception for a score.

I think the end of the game last Saturday taught the team a lesson....or I hope it did.....FOOT ON GAS ALL GAME!

ND-45
Umass- 10

I think the end of the game last Saturday taught the team a lesson....or I hope it did.....FOOT ON GAS ALL GAME!

ND-45
Umass- 10

regarding that and the GT game; if anyone reads or did read my posts the week prior, I mentioned I had a feeling this was going to be that kind of emotional effort; that the lplayers would be throwing caution to the wind and it was a game we would remember; except for the the final 2+ minutes, that would have been the case.

I remind of this because, that kind of emotion cannot be sustained for long periods - nor can it be turned on/off/on...; how a team will emotionally respond is a hard thing to predict.

The team will be on a normal plane Sat. and it will be more that ND enjoys a HUGE talent advantage.

regarding that and the GT game; if anyone reads or did read my posts the week prior, I mentioned I had a feeling this was going to be that kind of emotional effort; that the lplayers would be throwing caution to the wind and it was a game we would remember; except for the the final 2+ minutes, that would have been the case.

I remind of this because, that kind of emotion cannot be sustained for long periods - nor can it be turned on/off/on...; how a team will emotionally respond is a hard thing to predict.

The team will be on a normal plane Sat. and it will be more that ND enjoys a HUGE talent advantage.

No I don't remember. I just remember all your posts about what a poor job Coach Kelly is doing.

I think the D is going to be motivated for a shutout. The only thing holding them back will be a big lead where we will put in the second and third string.

51-3

ND's total Rush 0ver 300 yards. Brandon Wimbush will play too! I think Kelly will let's CJ rest in 3 or 4 quarter.
ND 55
UMass 17

Izo
Posts Like A Champion
Since Clemson has a bye this week ,and of course they'll be watching the UMass game .Kelly might just play it close to the vest and stick with more of a running game .

In this particular game ,don't entirely buy that Kelly and his staff and the team are entirely focused on UMass and not looking ahead to Clemson .

UMass played tough in their loss against Temple at home .But in the Colorado game ,UMass score 14 points in the first half to Colorado 's. 31. And Colorado scored 17 points in 3rd quarter and no points in 4th (might have let up some against UMass). Colorado had over 558 total yards ,over 400 rushing and over 150 passing . UMass had about 400 yds of offense with 20 first downs .Looked like their offense could get some yardage .

Every team usually comes and plays their best game against us ,but still we should put this game away early .

17 Izo, 4 minutes ago
Edit Delete Report + Quote Reply

48-17, Irish. Lots of second half backup players to help UMass score and keep the Irish score down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT