ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official: ND vs. Univ. of Navy predictions

MTIrish98

Posts Like A Champion
Mar 28, 2011
Montana
Part of me wants to believe the BK coaching staff has a successful Navy game plan filed away. All they should have to do is dust it off, issue the front seven extra knee protection, remind the veterans of their assignments and teach the youngsters how to keep the new winning streak alive. Simple right?

I'm worried about the teaching the youngsters part. The track record for teaching youngsters things they should know is not a good one in 2016.

However, this defense has found something. Luke, Vaughn & Love can cover Navy's WRs 1-on-1. That should free up the safeties to play disciplined lanes. Tranquill has played well against the middies in the past, so nothing should change.

IF the offensive plays conservative, stays patient and doesn't make a bunch of mistakes.

ND 48
Navy 42

Who do you have an why?

GO CUBS GO!

ND 49
Navy 45

I see Navy's option giving ND's new coordinator and young players fits. ND SHOULD be able to what it wants to offensively. ND will probably try and strike quickly as Navy can control the clock for long periods. ND HAS to score each and every time.

And dammit -- on a 4th and one, line up the big boys and hammer it home! Don't spread everyone out!

Reactions: Bodizephax
Part of me wants to believe the BK coaching staff has a successful Navy game plan filed away. All they should have to do is dust it off, issue the front seven extra knee protection, remind the veterans of their assignments and teach the youngsters how to keep the new winning streak alive. Simple right?

I'm worried about the teaching the youngsters part. The track record for teaching youngsters things they should know is not a good one in 2016.

However, this defense has found something. Luke, Vaughn & Love can cover Navy's WRs 1-on-1. That should free up the safeties to play disciplined lanes. Tranquill has played well against the middies in the past, so nothing should change.

IF the offensive plays conservative, stays patient and doesn't make a bunch of mistakes.

ND 48
Navy 42

Who do you have an why?

GO CUBS GO!
ND 45
Navy 31

43-42 ND

Navy has an absolutely horrible defense vs the run. The Navy defense vs the pass is better at 'bad'.

ND 37
NAVY 17

Josh Adams: 150 yds rushing. 2 TDS
Kizer: 320 yds passing. 3 TDS
EQ St. Brown: 3 TDS
Navy will fumble 3 times
Sanders: No brain farts and 100+ return yds.
Jarron Jones: 10 tackles. 4 for loss 2 sacks

after seeing the USF game how in the world does Navy get a 'stop' in this game! no matter that ND has Kelly! In this game even Kelly cannot stop ND!

after seeing the USF game how in the world does Navy get a 'stop' in this game! no matter that ND has Kelly! In this game even Kelly cannot stop ND!

Yes he can. Have seen it too many times.

Odds are we will see it again on Sat. w/ poor play calling and scheme. And not to mention the usual wasting of timeouts early in the first half and second half. It is rare for ND to still have its timeouts at the end of the first half or game when you need them most.

ND-35
Navy-38

USF had a lot of speed on both sides of the ball, that is why they beat Navy as soundly as they did. ND has speed but not as much as USF.

Navy runs at will, ND tries to make to many big plays. Navy hits a FG as time runs out.

ND 48
Navy 42

Who do you have an why?

GO CUBS GO!
ND by 14

Here's an important news bulletin........Navy is not the only program to use the cut clock technique. Some of the other programs who use it just might surprise you. Navy has discovered a passing game with their new QB, so that makes things even more interesting.

University of the Navy? A shout out to Irv Smith who used that term at the 1991 pep rally. Game time temp -4

Catholics vs. Carriers. Irish 48-34

Here's an important news bulletin........Navy is not the only program to use the cut clock technique. Some of the other programs who use it just might surprise you. Navy has discovered a passing game with their new QB, so that makes things even more interesting.

Cut blocks are used by many teams who feel their line will be smaller than the opposition. It isn't uncommon and is legal.

ND 55 Navy 28. The Irish are out for blood, I think they turned the corner defensively.

Just don't see Navy stopping the ND offense. I think we score often and quickly. Navy will have its moments, and the key to me is ND getting three or more stops in the second half. Just can't afford to let Navy believe the game is winnable in the second half. Looking for a double digit ND win in the area of 42-28, and hoping like hell we escape without any serious knee or ankle injuries. Would love to see MZ get some decent minutes of play where he flashes last year's form for his sake, and for the team to know he is more than just a reliable backup.

Brilliant ! !

Pennisick4,

Thanks for agreeing w/ my prediction of a Navy win due to...

"ND not being able to stop Navy enough and the ND coaching staff making just enough of the usual coaching blunders to help Navy win."

I'd call that "Brilliant" too, but after watching BK coach now for 6 years it was actually a pretty easy prediction. Not sure what Jack S. is watching ?

12 men on the field for a punt - ? What teams do that ? - maybe a freshmen high school football team ?

Reactions: end_23
Pennisick4,

Thanks for agreeing w/ my prediction of a Navy win due to...

"ND not being able to stop Navy enough and the ND coaching staff making just enough of the usual coaching blunders to help Navy win."

I'd call that "Brilliant" too, but after watching BK coach now for 6 years it was actually a pretty easy prediction. Not sure what Jack S. is watching ?

12 men on the field for a punt - ? What teams do that ? - maybe a freshmen high school football team ?

Pennisick4,

You were sure popping off all last week - where u hiding ? At least man up and admit my prediction was "Brilliant" and spot on !

You have no clue what a good football coach looks like. You have no clue what a good well coached football team looks like.

Reactions: end_23
I wonder if the Pennick ID's are all the same person. Recall that the 'continuously family' of ID's often used or mimicked other ID's, even ND35 was kind of copied.

Is this the original P? getting stupider and stupider or has the ID been highjacked by a 'shill'?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT