Rich Starkey

All Star
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2013
Ohio
Good Morning Everyone

1A0SMCG.0.gif

cf0.gif

When I think Virginia, I think about this. A devastated young man with his lifeless body hanging from the stands.
This years Virginia team is all about the QB, Brennan Armstrong. Not only is he the #2 QB in passing yards with 3,557, but he also leads the team in rushing. I'll give it to the Virginia offense as they seem to pile it up in certain games, but in a 37 - 17 loss to Wake Forest The Hoo's only had 99 yards on the ground while Armstrong threw it an incredible 59 times. In that game Armstong was sacked 6 times, and I don't believe they'll make their living that way tonight as ND is much better at getting after the QB.
Heading to the game tonight? I know a guy @Mizzo37 who let some folks park in the front yard free of charge back in 2015, but it's a bit of a walk to the stadium.

woodstockcolor5.jpg

YOUR GAMEDAY FORECAST
For you tailgaters expect sunny skies with the temperature in the mid 50's. Winds will be around 13mph. By kick-off the temperature will drop to 43 degrees with a light wind out of the WNW at 4mph. At the begging of the 4th quarter it should be a chilly 38 degrees under clear skies. Their is no chance of rain.

Any way you look at it, losing Kyle Hamilton hurts, and especially against this Virginia passing attack. I do have a bit of insider information from the board and that's regarding Armstrong. Word has it that he either broke his ribs or didn't, and he may or may not play. That's good to know and will make Hamilton's loss either a big deal or not.

It's pretty simple for the Irish tonight. Gash the hell out of a porous Virginia defense that's allowed over 200 yards on the ground and nearly 250 yards per game through the air. I would expect Virginia to add a few things with getting after the QB as they're pretty lite on the sacks with only 12 through the season. As always, ND must take advantage of opportunities to put the game away. We can all remember at least one play starting with the first where ND didn't capitalize.

The thread is a little short today because I need to go. I've said every week since the loss, just take care of your business and let things sort out in front of you. ND has snuck into #7 in the AP Poll and #9 in the CFB Playoff Poll. There are still chances for them to creep up even further. Take care of business tonight, then on to Georgia Tech and Stanford and see what happens.

Good Luck Everyone

GO IRISH!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News