ADVERTISEMENT

**OFFICIAL WEATHER THREAD**

Rich Starkey

All Star
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2013
Ohio
Good Morning Everyone!
Seems like there is always something happening around here. Dexter is out the first 4 games, we lose MTA and Alex Bars for the year, and we have Tranquil walking around campus with a boot on his foot and a cast on his hand - but still manages to play!
Now we have some QB stuff going on where our former starter at the position is being forced into action. Say what you want to about Wimbush, I know I have, but the guy is a fantastic teammate, he's a winner, and he's incredibly tough. Back-up? Sure you can call him that, but I'd rather use the term former starter.

On paper, tonight's game looks like it should be a blowout. FSU and it's talented players just can't seem to get out of their own way. They manage to play decent defense, and offensively they've proven that they can move the ball, but putting those things together for an entire game seems to be a problem for them. One would also have to believe that the weather is going to make things a little tougher on them too. It's been in the low 80's this week in Tallahassee, and I'm thinking when they walk into the stadium a few of them may want to head back towards the locker room.

With that being said, here is your game day forecast.
For you tailgaters it's going to be cold and start off a little windy. Look for temperatures to be around 31 degrees and the winds calming down to about 3mph later in the afternoon. Don't worry about the sun, because you're probably not going to see it.
At kickoff, expect the temperature to be 27 degrees and calm winds. The good news is by the end of the game it won't get any colder!

Things aren't going to be that bad, and not even in the same ball park as the 1981 Freezer Bowl game between the Chargers and the Bengals where the wind chill was 37 below zero. I remember watching that game live and listening to Dan Fouts complain about playing a game in those conditions. He doesn't look too cold - does he?

sdut-nfl-chargers-bengals-freezer-bowl-dan-fouts-2014jan02

The formula for success tonight is simple - Don't give them any easy points. Whether on TO's special teams or big plays. Jump on them early, and lets not give it away on our first possession like we have the last 2 games. We'll be fine, and I'm hoping that Brandon has a big game - he deserves it.

Good Luck Everyone.

GO IRISH!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News