ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Line

ssavon66

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 17, 2005
Re-watched the bowl game last night and noticed something interesting. Since Hiestand has been here he has really pushed for a zone blocking scheme vs a man up blocking scheme. In the bowl game that was not so much the case for the entire game. In read option plays they did in fact stay in zone blocking but on the majority of straight up running plays they blocked man up.

This may have been something schematic that Hiestand and Kelly saw just against LSU but I found it interesting that this was not the philosophy most of the season. It will be interesting to see moving forward with the types of athletes that we are bringing in to the offensive line how we manage the size and strength advantage of the man up blocking scheme against the quickness and footwork that are necessary for the zone blocking scheme.

Originally posted by Benito Sanchez:
I guess we now have a schematic advantage commenter here .
Hey Pendejo Sanchez, be thankful to ssavon for the free handout of information. Sometimes peasants will criticize the free stuff. What the?

GO IRISH!!

Very interesting SAVON----I hope you are right. Being predictable is a mortal sin for a Head Coach.

Always have the bad guys guessing wrong and watch the IRISH poinys go up on the scoreboard.

We have the talent it' rests in the hands of the staff to use it correctly.

Reactions: Bodizephax
With the QB reading the end man on the LOS, whether it be the PSDE on the Inverted Veer, or the BSDE on the Inside Zone Read, the presence of Zaire allows ND to "read" one of the defenders in the box. And gain an extra helmet blocking,

Malik Zaire is the primary reason, ND tore up one of the better defenses in the nation in LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT