ADVERTISEMENT

off topic Olympic BB

dagimpper1

ND Expert
Nov 25, 2009
I am rooting for the USA as an American but, i must admit i have mixed feelings when it comes to our two BB teams. With the men's i have a problem with coach k being the coach every year. I think it gives him an unfair fecruiting advantage with his Duke program. I feel since the players are pros they should have an NBA coach or at least rotate coaches.

With the women's team the same can be said about Gino from UCONN. Plus how is it there is not one ND alum on this team. Six UCONN alums two UT. I guess Gino can't hide his distain for ND even when it comes to patriotism. Time to give the women's team to M.M.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
not on the OT but Olympic related

did anyone see the swimmer that beat the current world record by almost 5 seconds?
Come on! The other swimmers are already voicing concern for their sport!
5 seconds? doesn't that open eyes?

I am rooting for the USA as an American but, i must admit i have mixed feelings when it comes to our two BB teams. With the men's i have a problem with coach k being the coach every year. I think it gives him an unfair fecruiting advantage with his Duke program. I feel since the players are pros they should have an NBA coach or at least rotate coaches.

With the women's team the same can be said about Gino from UCONN. Plus how is it there is not one ND alum on this team. Six UCONN alums two UT. I guess Gino can't hide his distain for ND even when it comes to patriotism. Time to give the women's team to M.M.
Maybe so but nobody has come close to UConn WBB the past few years - how many NC's has this guy won?

The women's team is made of of players who have been on it for years and years. That's how you win international competitions. They are the oldest team at the Olympics with an average age of 30. In 4 years, you will see a totally different team. If you want to see who from ND may be on it, google the "USA Select Team". That's our next Olympic roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT