ADVERTISEMENT

Off topic but relevent: Grayson Allen, Duke

Harpo Marxist

I've posted how many times?
Sep 11, 2002
Just curious....since Coach K and Duke cannot grasp the pathology of this guy's constant tripping of opponents in games for all the world to see....at what point does the ACC step in and bust some chops? NCAA?
This is not an 'in-house" issue for Duke....other schools are involved. No?

Reactions: pervisl
He is a spoiled rich kid that had the world handed to him since birth. Good for coach K for suspending him.

His response to the whole event made me think he has some mental struggle. I think he just cost himself in the eyes of NBA teams. Plus, his numbers are really down this year.

That was just an odd meltdown.

Reactions: pervisl
The outrage is bizarre.. Just 15 years ago when I played high school ball, coaches were coaching us to do a lot worse than this. Is it right? No. But come on, anybody who has laced up at a semi-highly competitive level has done this or something comparative. We've gone soft as Twinkie fillin as a society.

The outrage is bizarre.. Just 15 years ago when I played high school ball, coaches were coaching us to do a lot worse than this. Is it right? No. But come on, anybody who has laced up at a semi-highly competitive level has done this or something comparative. We've gone soft as Twinkie fillin as a society.
Maybe it's ok for high school or rec ball. Not so for a perennial Top-Five team and a team that's on television all the time!!!

Everything is more visible and gets more people aware of it when it's shown ad nauseum on SportsCenter.

Why is sportsmanship soft? I think those coaches might be bent is more accurate.

Sorry, but no way I can agree with this, when good sportsmanship dies, so does the sport itself. I'm appalled that anyone would condone his actions; damn that maybe worse than actually doing it. His actions, while terribly wrong were at least spontaneous, condoning it is thought through

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT