ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame vs North Carolina predictions

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
I believe it will be Irish 27 North Carolina 21. A great road victory. The Irish defense and Audric Estime along with Chris Tyree are the stars of the game. The Oline continue's it's improvement,

kathy bates misery GIF

Reactions: Kelso86
No prediction here, but I've watched NC and their defense is weak. My second favorite team (App. State) put up 42 on them in the 4th quarter alone. With that said, their offense is pretty good, so the Irish will have to score points to keep up. If our boys can't score at least 28-35 on these guys, big trouble lies ahead.

If I were Rees I'd pound the daylights out of the ground game to keep the clock running.

IF, big if, NDs Oline can control the line of scrimmage then ND wins 24-21.
If ND can not control the line, has multiple 3 and outs or turnovers, then UNC wins 41-13.

Reactions: BaldyNd
My judgement of the Freeman era comes down to this game. This is a must win. Recruits are on edge. The fan base is turning. The media is laughing at ND. Other coaches are salivating at the opportunity to play ND and get a signature win. The ship can get back on course this weekend or it can sink.

This game will answer the questions about the defense. UNC has a great offense. If the defense has greatly regressed, that again speaks to the lack of work MF has done. He's the defensive "mastermind" that was hired as head coach.

UNC is 123rd in the nation in total defense. If Drew Pyne cannot have a field day against that, I think we will lose the remainder of our games sans Navy and UNLV. a 3-9 record should be met with immediate termination of employment.

Last edited:
This question is an exercise in mental masturbation, nobody knows what the score will be !

My judgement of the Freeman era comes down to this game. This is a must win. Recruits are on edge. The fan base is turning. The media is laughing at ND. Other coaches are salivating at the opportunity to play ND and get a signature win. The ship can get back on course this weekend or it can sink.

This game will answer the questions about the defense. UNC has a great offense. If the defense has greatly regressed, that again speaks to the lack of work MF has done. He's the defensive "mastermind" that was hired as head coach.

UNC is 123rd in the nation in total defense. If Drew Pyne cannot have a field day against that, I think we will lose the remainder of our games sans Navy and UNLV. a 3-9 record should be met with immediate termination of employment.
Starting with Jack stepping aside for a Hugh blunder

Reactions: rgc7
I think ND pulls out an ugly road win 28-21.

I think we see Steve Angeli for the first time.

They dont have the talent OSU has, but that was game 1. Our defense is legit for 95% of the game.

We will give up our 2, patented 90+ yard drives so that 14. Toss in a mistake by our offense and your at 21. They move it well on O, averaging over 50 a game and you get 7 points for a home game.

All that said, seems like UNC is in the 31-36 range. ND is averaging 18 points a game but drop game one and its 22. Maybe you find your way to another 7 this week.

That puts you at the 31-29 range....about where Vegas has it. Gonna need a TO but that's a reasonable score.

IF, big if, NDs Oline can control the line of scrimmage then ND wins 24-21.
If ND can not control the line, has multiple 3 and outs or turnovers, then UNC wins 41-13.
This is what I’m thinking as well. That shouldn’t be a big if, you would think our o line should dominate unc up front. But we’ve seen such inconsistent play so who knows. If the o line can’t control the game then we will get killed, if they do I think we are in decent shape as long as Pyne plays smart. We are definitely the best defense UNC has faced but they are always good for a few explosive plays throughout a game, so I think they get at least 21 points no matter what, and 40+ if our offense has a bunch of 3 and outs.

31 - 21 NC over ND. We have no passing attack and NC will load the box to stop the run.

I fear coaching will be the biggest difference. Up and coming young buck vs a seasoned salty veteran. ND has shown no ability to score a lot of points. The game will be close by halftime. By the middle of the third, ND‘s defense starts to wear down. NC takes control and pulls away.

NC 45. ND 20

I fear coaching will be the biggest difference. Up and coming young buck vs a seasoned salty veteran. ND has shown no ability to score a lot of points. The game will be close by halftime. By the middle of the third, ND‘s defense starts to wear down. NC takes control and pulls away.

NC 45. ND 20
So wrong. Nothing you said makes sense. But good post “for effect and attention” like too many on here

Reactions: BGI User 756

For whom?

So wrong. Nothing you said makes sense. But good post “for effect and attention” like too many on here
Nothing makes sense? Ok let me clarify my statement. Mack Brown, seasoned veteran who even won a championship. MF, young new head coach. Learning on the fly. ND’s offense has not been good. The most they scored was 24 last week. The ND defense has shown the ability to play well. However, they have also shown that they wear down in the second half. NC can light up the score board. They will be tough to stop. I do not believe, from what I have seen so far through three games, that ND is capable of beating NC on their home field. Hey, maybe I’m wrong. I would love for ND to win. I just don’t see it with the type of offense ND has. If I am wrong , I will be on here admitting it.

Except for the fact they held the #1 ranked offense in FBS to 21 points in week 1.

If the offense can score more than 28 points ND is 3-0 and you would have been lauding Freeman as the second coming of Rockne.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason the offense is terrible. It's ranked 114th. Navy has a more productive offense than ND, that's how bad ND's offense is.

Except for the fact they held the #1 ranked offense in FBS to 21 points in week 1.

If the offense can score more than 28 points ND is 3-0 and you would have been lauding Freeman as the second coming of Rockne.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason the offense is terrible. It's ranked 114th. Navy has a more productive offense than ND, that's how bad ND's offense is.
Right. Agree. Now we can wait 12 months for the return of the great one, Tyler Buchner. I’m afraid this is the new normal with Rees.

Right. Agree. Now we can wait 12 months for the return of the great one, Tyler Buchner. I’m afraid this is the new normal with Rees.
Rees should have never been hired. Swarbrick should have never retained Rees prior to naming a head coach, thus tying Freeman's hands.

No successful head coach would take a job with the condition that the OC can't be replaced. Unfortunately Rees will get another year because of the TB injury.

Nothing makes sense? Ok let me clarify my statement. Mack Brown, seasoned veteran who even won a championship. MF, young new head coach. Learning on the fly. ND’s offense has not been good. The most they scored was 24 last week. The ND defense has shown the ability to play well. However, they have also shown that they wear down in the second half. NC can light up the score board. They will be tough to stop. I do not believe, from what I have seen so far through three games, that ND is capable of beating NC on their home field. Hey, maybe I’m wrong. I would love for ND to win. I just don’t see it with the type of offense ND has. If I am wrong , I will be on here admitting it.
If UNC wins which I predict Swarbick needs to go immediately. Rees is up next. More losses, pay Freeman off and take the plunge. Great guy but unfortunately Faust 2.0.

NC 45. ND 20

This is sort of my take. Brown's experience versus Freeman's lack thereof. Brown has had terrific offenses at North Carolina, but lousy defenses. Last year, our defense gave up chunk play after chunk play, but fortunately so did theirs.

I can see Carolina winning going away, but I'll argue that ND puts up a little more of a fight and goes down something closer to 38-27.

Reactions: tkirish
This is sort of my take. Brown's experience versus Freeman's lack thereof. Brown has had terrific offenses at North Carolina, but lousy defenses. Last year, our defense gave up chunk play after chunk play, but fortunately so did theirs.

I can see Carolina winning going away, but I'll argue that ND puts up a little more of a fight and goes down something closer to 38-27.
Yup I agree. If ND had a decent offense i would feel differently. But I know what I see and so far there offense is terrible

Pivotal game. To be 2-2 going into the bye would be a definite step in the right direction. ND defense is going to get tested by Drake Maye. The questions will be whether the defense can get stops, and if the offense can take advantage of a very suspect defense.

Reactions: christophero
Pivotal game. To be 2-2 going into the bye would be a definite step in the right direction. ND defense is going to get tested by Drake Maye. The questions will be whether the defense can get stops, and if the offense can take advantage of a very suspect defense.
Need to turn them over a couple times to win it.

I don’t think the Irish offense is capable of scoring a lot of f points even against a bad UNC defense and not sure ND can slow down UNC offense. 21-20 UNC.

I predicted 45-20 UNC. I was completely and totally wrong. I am on here to admit I had little faith. I am happy I was way wrong. I think ND may have found a formula for a decent offense
Well to be fair nothing we have seen the last few weeks could have predicted this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT