ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Notre Dame impresses 2025 four-star WR Tanook Hines: 'I loved the visit'

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

Notre Dame 2025 wide receiver target Tanook Hines made his way to campus for the first time in his recruitment on Saturday.

Hines, a four-star per Rivals, reported an offer from the Irish last December. He attends Houston Dekaney and holds 32 total offers including Arkansas, Arizona State, Baylor, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Michigan, Missouri, USC, Texas and Texas A&M. Per his X/Twitter account, he runs a 4.41 40-yard dash and 10.5 100-meter dash.

The 6-foot-1, 170-pound Hines is currently ranked higher than each of Notre Dame's three WR commits but is lower in the position rankings than other Irish targets Talyn Taylor and Derek Meadows.

In January, Hines visited Baylor, Texas and Texas A&M for their junior days, and has set official visits to Arizona State, USC, Arkansas and Baylor.

He plans to take his official visit to Notre Dame from June 14-16. He has been added to our running visitors list thread.

Inside ND Sports spoke with Hines following his visit to learn why he felt it was necessary to visit Notre Dame, how serious a player the Irish will be in his recruitment, practice takeaways and more. Here are a few notes from our conversation:

On his trip:

"I loved the visit," Hines said. "I felt it was important to see the campus and how they coach before an official visit because this was real everyday life ... if I go to school there, an official visit is just showing you all the good stuff. My favorite moments was [seeing] the stadium, the golden dome and football Jesus."

On what he noticed in practice:

"[Sophomore wide receiver] Jaden Greathouse was killing. The offense rewards wide receivers that can run away from defenders and I love that because that’s what I do. I like [wide receivers] coach [Mike] Brown, he reminds me of my wide receiver coaches, coach Finney and coach Frazier back home. The stuff he’s teaching the wide receivers at Notre Dame I’ve already been learning back home so it was like, 'Oh yeah, I can mess with this.'"

On what he would bring to Notre Dame's offense:

"My style of play is what we call hide and seek. If you blink, you’ll be chasing me. My big play ability is my speed. I can turn the game into a track meet. I stretch the field vertically very fast or I can catch a hitch and disappear down the sideline ... for Irish fans, think Will Fuller."

Per MaxPreps. Hines had 35 receptions, 528 yards and five touchdowns as a junior. He did not play a full season due to injury. He caught 50 receptions for 867 yards and eight touchdowns in 2022. Dekaney is in Class 6A in Texas.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG BOZ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News